Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting stock reduction

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our scenario subcontracting stock is added along with the usual stock and it will be available in total available quanity and SubReq will get reduced from the toal available stock. But we want the Subconstock to be only be decreased when a SubReq comes for the same vendor and it shouldnt take from the total available stock.

Could you please let me know how standard APO planning works (SNP Heuristic).

How to achieve the below requirement:

1) Subconstock shouldnot be included with the usual stock. (It should be seperate from other stock)

2) SubReq should only take from Subcon stock and it shouldnt touch other available stock.

Thanks,

Prash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Please see the standard subcontracting set-up in APO in brief as below:

master data:

1. Create  subcon loc 1050 in APO for combination of plant and vendor. if 2 vendors are supplying to one plant create 2 locations of type 1050.
  2. Assign plant and vendor to this location in LOC3 transaction
  3. Create PIR of subcontracting type in ECC 
  4. Create Production version with BOM in the PV
  5. Assign PV to PIR
  6. CIF PIR it will create Transportation lane for FG
  7. CIF PDS subcontracting, this will create TL for the components from plant to vendor. PDS gets created at 1050 vendor location in APO and not at plant.

Heuristic run 

1. PR will be created at Plant for the requirement
  2. Sub req will created at the 1050 location (plant vendor combination)
  3. it will explode BOM in APO at the 1050 location to determine components and will create planned order at 1050 vendor.
  4. Depending on the vendor stock net requirement will be transferred to plant.

In this way standard SAP will take care of the stock at respective vendor in subcontracting scenario. You can refer the below link for details.

Subcontracting - SAP Library

Regards

Abhishek Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prash

In case you do not want to consider the Subconstock i.e. ATP category CE into you total stock. You can define your own Z* category group with required ATP category groups you want to consider in the planning (SNP Heuristic).

You can define Category group in SPRO --> Basic Settings --> Maintain Category Groups.

Once you define this category group, you can assign it respective Locations in /SAPAPO/LOC3 - Location in SNP tab.

Is it possible for you check if this helps you or I completely going in wrong direction 🙂

Amol

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks for your reply.

But my need is that SubReq should only take from Subcon Stock and it should not touch the other available restricted stock.

How can we achieve this?

Thanks,

Prash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prash

As you are using SNP heuristic is bucket oriented planning not order oriented like CTM, I think you are unable to achieve the above scenario. You can take out SubReq from total demand Qty as well as Subcon Stock from total supply as I mentioned above. This will indirectly achieve that your SubReq  will be link to Subcon.

I am sure this is not ideal situation but close to what you are looking.

Thanks

Amol