Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting Process with EWM

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help us if you have worked subcontracting process with EWM.

Right now we are able to receive finish good in ECC and EWM but we are not able to receive byproduct in goods receipt in ECC and hence in Inbound delivery of ECC. Further this can not be received in EWM as not in Inbound delivery.

The byproduct is already part of BOM and hence understand that it shall be automatically received in ECC with Inbound delivery creation and CIF to EWM.

Please give your insight on this and share document if you have. Appreciate your time.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as I know "byproduct" receiving is not supported by the standard EWM Production supply feature until 9.2.

Indeed, the new Prod supply integration of EWM 9.2 (which should be released very soon) is supposed to enable "byproduct" receiving.

Sorry: i never encountered the problematic on project so don't have any tips except waiting for 9.2

JM

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jean.

Other Experts: Please let me know your views on this. I will get more details on this as I just got into project.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I have also not encountered this issue before, thus just posting some of idea.

By-product is in principle unplanned, so posting should be manual. I would not expect to post it to O special stock. There is no posting string for this. But to post it into own stock, or not at all. (if Vendor has some by-product during its production, it is profit of vendor).

Therefore I would go with standard movement-delivery mapping, which shows delivery type "ID" in standard and then it should be possible to create an EWM inbound delivery mapping for this delivery.

Did you face any particular problem?

Regards,

Petr

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

We are not able receive by product along with finish good. We will not post to special stock. Let us hear some more inputs from other experts.
Thanks for reply.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I never worked with by-product but i guess you are able to use MIGO to receive them.

If that's the case, you can use MIGO to post the GR against byproduct on your EWM-managed storage loc. this will trigger an Inbound Delivery creation replicated to EWM.

I never tried for byproduct, but i am 100% sure it works for finished goods (already implemented the solution).

Test and let us know

JM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert.

Anybody suggest what is the process steps for subcontracting process in ewm.

How its happen.

Actually i am facing problem,,when i am doing in me2o.

its throwing error as   "

Essential transfer parameters are missing in record:  000001.

Below some instruction

• Conversion factors for converting base and sales units (not for creating/replicating an inbound delivery in a decentralized Warehouse Management system)
  • Goods receiving point (shipping point) when a delivery is created in decentralized WM.

Hi Suraj.

Expecting answer from you.

"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

Now I also face the same problem, the delivery GR stop in inbound queue.

Do you have resolved the problem?