cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Delivery Split triggerd by amount of items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I've following problem in my test scenario: I got an outbound delivery for 3 items in ERP to be distributed into EWM:

How can I split this delivery after creation in the way, that every part-delivery gets maximum 2 Items?

With other words, when I have outbound delivery for 10 Items, it should be splittet and distributet to EWM as 5 deliveries for 2 Items each.

Could you give me some hints for this problem?

Thanks you very much in advance

BR

Denis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for this.

I have an sales order with 10 Positions an I need that for every two positions of this order  one delivery will be created. So in this case it would be a 5 deliveries.

Is there any standard way to get this configured?

BR

Denis

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Denis,

In your original post, you mention ECC OBD can have more than 2 items, later you changed this requirement. Could you explain the business background?

With other words, when I have outbound delivery for 10 Items, it should be splittet and distributet to EWM as 5 deliveries for 2 Items each.

Thanks!

TW

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess, it is just a scenario for testing and not a business requirement. If you are manually creating the delivery through VL01N...in the initial screen you can input the sales order item numbers and create the delivery only for those items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

how does it exactly work with VL01n?

Could you share few screens?

Thanks in advance

BR

Denis

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please input your sales order and then the order items numbers (From Item and To Item) in VL01N screen and execute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in copy control, at header level, header data use routine 011 (have a look at the coding, you have to maintain number max of lines in TVKO-MAXBI).

If reply solves your issue, please close the discussion.

Regards,

JM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The requirement is for delivery split and the routine what you have suggested relates to billing.   Correct me if I am wrong.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joan,

(similar to G Lakshmipathi comments; and i tried to search 011 in copy control VTFL and VTLA but did not get clarity)

Can you paste the screenshot of copy control, and specify which field you are suggesting?

TVKO-MAXBI (No. bill items) this take is at sales organization level.

Denis,

For what order types or....is this requirement?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

tested and not working for delivery split, only invoice split

Regards,

JM

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

joan,

could you comment on table TVKO and my comment in previous post?

thanks!

TW

added: I have used TVKO for finding the sales organizations for a particular company code or a sales organization is assigned to which comp code. Mention of this field is new and looking into client system, I see that this field is mostly empty. So will be nice if you can give some information.

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - added in blue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this field was introduced by SAP to fulfill a legal requirement in some countries in which there´s by law a limit on number on line items by invoice. By using it, you can split an invoice once you reach maximum number of line items defined in this field TKVO-MAXBI.

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

wanted to share results of testing: SAP will create a delivery with the number of line items defined in TKVO-MAXBI but won´t split delivery into several deliveries with the number of line item each defined in TVKO-MAXBI.

Example: a S.O with 5 line items. You define TVKO-MAXBI = 2 and set routine 011 in copy control system will behave this way:

You run VL01N a single delivery will be create with 2 first 2 sales order line items.

You run again VL01N and a second delivery will be created with 3rd and 4th sales order line items.

You run again VL01N and a third delivery will be created with 5th sales order line item.

Regards,

JM

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JM,

Does that mean that the maximum no. of line items in delivery is 2 because TVKO-MAXBI is set to 2? Did you test with VL10G?

In which transaction (place) do we input TVKO-MAXBI?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

yes, because of TVKO-MAXBI is set to 2. Haven´t tested with VL10G.

In custo (sd-billing-billing docs-country specific features) you set this value.

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joan, so is it possible to set up that if we have a sales order with 50 line items, when the delivery is created (even by batch job) each delivery created from that sales order will have jkust one line item? If we have the TVKO-MAXBI set to 1.
Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirement is not clear.  Are you creating Transfer Order subsequent to delivery?  If you want to restrict the number of line items in delivery, you need to carry out modifications as recommended in note 103334

G. Lakshmipathi