cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Inventory for empty HUs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

When creating an physical inventory document only stock information will be displayed in the document. That means only HUs with at least 1 PC of any material inside of it.

But how will the physical inventory for empty HUs be performed? I mean when I have an HU wich due to the system got nothing inside but in the reality there are materials...or even not and I just would like to confirm that the HU is empty.

I searched through the whole EWM, but didn't found anything.

Thanks in advance

BR

Denis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

You should be able to count HU as empty as well as to add new HU item during counting. This should be standard in EWM.

There is a checkbox for this:

Regards,

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

thank you for the fast responce.

The problem is following. These is the list of HUs in the storage bin for the Inventory:

As you see there are 8 HU, but only 3 of them have an stock (see picture below):

Creation of inventory document:

As you see, I can't set the flag "Empty HU" for the HUs which doesn't have any stock.

And this is exactly the problem...how to confirm the empty status of an HU ar how to increase the stock for HU, wich is empty in the system.

BR

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see,

tick this checkbox and try one more time, this should make the checkbox available.

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tipp, but the empty HU (HU without Stock) will just not displayed in the inventory document.

You can try it by your self, when you move only empty HUs to your inventory area and then try to create an inventory document these HUs will not be inside

BR

Denis

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

well, for sure it will not work when you create "product-specific" PI documents. You need to create "storage-bin specific" PI documents. Means eventually you have to allow this PI document type in your PI area.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

True, that checkbox I suggested does not make any diffence for HS document type. Juergen is correct.

0 Kudos

Hi!

Pls, look the video below:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

thanks for the tipp. I did allow this doc type for my inventory area:

But for some reason, when I try to create an inventory document only "product-specific" is allowed:

What could be a reason for it?

BR

Denis

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you start the transaction the first time, you have to select the type of PI document (PI procedure) you want to create. If you now want to change, you have to change the "default values".

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Jürgen for your help and time.

yes, I also did it:

And I also got 2 HUs in my storage bin:

But due to the transaction I don't have anything in the bin;

In case with product-specific it did work...what can be a reason for such a behaviour?

BR

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the log 🙂

another PI document can be still active there

Answers (0)