cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Archiving - Multiple Archiving object for a table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the initial phase of archiving project. I have targeted top 30 tables and I am able to list all the archiving objects for these tables. But I am facing problem when I have multiple object for a particular table.

Say for eg, DB15 lists 5 archiving objects for a table. I guess, using all the 5 archiving objects does not impact the table in the same way. Some may have little impact. So archiving using all these may not give the desirable space gain. Only one or two among 5 may be useful in terms of time and effort /resource. My doubt is how to find that suitable archiving object. I am assuming that fair idea of business process will help in tracing, but is there any other way to know the top most critical objects?

Thanks,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have you used "TAANA" Analysis for these tables?

also there is an SAP Data management Guide that can be leveraged to get some answers on the tables.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-62724

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

about which table and archiving object you are actually talking?

Asking with an example makes it much easier than a general question where a trainer may spend an entire day in a class room training.

If you are talking for example about the order table AUFK then it is just so that SAP did a good job decades ago and built a single table for many processes. But you can only archive the process specific data from this table with the process specific archiving objects.

it is not possible to archive PM orders with the PP_ORDER archiving object.

But there are other tables e.g. the table with the CO items which can be archived technically for its own, or process orientated with several other archiving objects, which archive those items together with the process data.

It is then the consultant who has to work it out together with the project team how they will later access the archived data, whether you are satisfield to analyse CO items and sales orders independent from each other, or if you want to see the CO items together with the sales order.

Knowing the SAP help well is fundamental knowledge for such decisions: Archiving CO Line Items (CO) - Cost Element Accounting (CO-OM-CEL) - SAP Library