cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while TO creation LT10 - Putaway quantity not zero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a Transfer order via LT10 (or via LQ02) where the available stock is available. The error log that I see says - "Putaway quantity not zero", Message no. L1605.

The stock Scenarion is like below:

Total stock                   15

Avail.stock                   15

Stock for put.                40

Pick quantity                  0

What I understand for any stock transfer to happen there should be Available Stock. Now I want to use this 15 qty for further processing by using transaction LT10 or may be LQ02. Why does standard SAP not allow this?

If I do the stock transfer via LT01 for above scenario it does allow us to use the available stock.

The error is coming from below code of program RLS10034

*........Quants mit einzulagernden Mengen nicht markierbar!............

if itab-einme ne 0.

itab-ikone = sym_locked.

itab-msgid = 'L1'.

itab-msgno = '605'.

itab-msgty = 'E'.

endif.

Pls advice why the check is there in place when it could have been avoided and how to remove this check?

Thanks,
Ravi Sabhachandani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in LT10 you do not specify a quantity manually like in LT01.

The entire quant is moved.(and physically removed from old bin) , hence a quant what has still quantity for putaway can not be chosen as it cannot be deleted since it is needed for the putaway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for the response. This does help me understand more clearly about the program flow.

I need clarity on two things...

1. Does the same logic also work for LQ02, I think it should be, however please confirm.

2. Do we have any user exit available where in we can modify the logic to consider the available stock and update the quant accordingly, instead of deleting it.

Thanks,

Ravi Sabhachandani.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not really familiar with LQ02, as we are in the chemical and pharma business, a warehouse operator must not be able to change a stock type from blocked to unrestricted or any other quality related movement. For us a quality movement is triggered from QM only based on inspection lots and usage decisions.

LT10 is a "tiny" report for some basic mass movement functions, hence it has some limitations.

Instead of looking for exits to manipulate the logic (I don't think there are any, you better create your own report where you call the function modules to let SAP do what you want.

Function Modules and Customer Exits in WMS - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LT10 and LQ02 are two seperate transaction LT10 is for stock movement from one bin to another whereas LQ02 is for posting change notice where any change in the quant character will lead to create a TO. Could you please elaborate your requirement specific to LQ02 and what is your expectation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

The concern I have is that if there is an open qty for putaway then the quant is not being considered for processing further (TO Creation). There is a standard error that comes - "Putaway quantity not zero", Message no. L1605.

This happens in both the transactions LT10 and LQ02. So, I understand that there is a similar check in both the transactions.

My concern is that I want the Quant to be considered if there is any available quantity (instead of being ignored).

Any help pls on this...

Regards

Ravi Sabhachandani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen for your advice and the reference link, I think I will need to create a new report...

Regards,

Ravi Sabhachandani.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you are right there is a check and with standard SAP that is not possible you need to look for alternate method.Never came across this type of scenario in past however my suggestion is to have a look on the below function module and user exit that might be helpful

L_TO_CREATE_POSTING_CHANGE

MWMTOAU3 for posting change notices

Even if you are able to mange this with some custom code I see a operation issue there

LQ02 is help to the change the stock from one stock type to another (or quant characteristic) as per your test data if I will transfer the 15 pc from unrestricted to Quality and later on the transfer order of 40 get's confirmed (which is having the unrested stock) in the same  bin (this depend on the configuration of mixing) how the worker will come to know which is quality reject or which is unrested by looking physically

Total stock                   15

Avail.stock                   15

Stock for put.                40

Pick quantity                  0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your response. Your analysis is helpful. I was also wondering if we would land up in any similar operational challenges and the one you highlighted is worth a thought.

We use LQ02 generally to change the ownership from Vendor Consignment K stock to own stock. So the issue you highlighted would not be a show stopper for us because all the stock in the selected storage type/bin needs to be converted to own stock.

The objective is to use the Consignment stock very optimally.

Thanks for your response.

Thanks,

Ravi Sabhachandani.

Answers (0)