cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new 2004s release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any idea when the new sneak version of "SAP NetWeaver 2004s Java Trial Version" will be released? (weeks?, months?, ...)

Currently it is SP9, but if there will be a new release in the near future I'll wait for that release because otherwise I have to remove my whole SP9 on the next release.

Or is it possible to upgrade a preview version from SP9 to SP10 for example?

Kind regards,

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Isn't it possible to just renew the license after the 90day trial? If they allow to reinstall it, why dont they just allow a renewal of the license then?

It's really a pain in the ass to reinstall the whole thing every 90 days...

I hope someone knows another way to renew the license.

Kind regards,

J.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can request for license renewal from

http://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/minisap/minisap.htm

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that renewal is only for the abap stack i think, not for the java stack... Correct me if i'm wrong.

Greetz,

J.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now (i dont know from when it started) you can also renew java stack license.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh thx alot.

i'll try that out.

Greetz,

J.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I came to know about it from Klaus Keller in this thread

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=2098170&messageID=3074800

Regards

Raja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can.

Follow the link service.sap.com/sp-stacks and then navigate as per your requirement. Download the patches and start deploying using JSPM. You must logon to the server using sidadm.

reward with suitable points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thx guys.

Suppose i have "SAP NetWeaver 2004s Java Trial Version" installed. If i'm looking for support packages i do the following?

Target stack: 11

Source stack: 09

X restrict according to usage

X Development infrastructure

- application server abap

- process integration xi

X enterprise portal

X application server java

- mobile infrastructure

X ep core

??business intelligence

X = marked, - = not marked.

?? = do i need this?

Is my above usage selection ok? will this usage selection include all the SP's i need? Is business intelligence required? we dont have bi explicitly on a test system, but i've seen alot of sca's with BI in the name...

Kind regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess your requirement is AS JAVA with EP. Well for this AS JAVA, EP. EPC is enough. If DI is also your requirement then you can opt for it. If BI is not your requirement then don't select it. I except some BI components are there which will be taken care with these options itself. BI-UDI and BI-MMR are those sca's. But then these are basically part of the engine, so nothing to worry.

Don't worry move forward and you can the list of sca's which

you need to download.

You can reward 10 points as maximum appreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx again.

On service.sap.com/sp-stacks they say:

Support Package Stacks for SAP NetWeaver 2004s released after April 2nd, 2007 will ONLY be available via SAP Solution Manager‘s Maintenance Optimizer. Find more details here http://service.sap.com/solman-mopz.

So i guess i need solution manager then...Is that included in the sneak version with the abap stack? Or is this the end of upgrading between sneak versions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Solution Manager ic completely a different tool for all such monitoring and administrative purposes.

That means you need to configure a new solution manager in your landscape.

Currently solution manager 4.0 is available. You need to install and configure your settings for that. It will take some time to do all that.

reward with useful points. It hardly takes any time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I rewared you with points, but apparently you are only satisfied if you receive ten points

In my opinion people beg too much for points on here. Just help to help, not to receive points... You're help is appreciated and you'll receive points, but not necessarily the ten points for solving.

Thx for the help.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not just about giving points. It's one of the forum rules and let's stick to the rules. I may reply saying give me points but you assign only if you feel so.

It's this competition via points along with the zeal to help others that helps to keep this portal/forum active.

As a part of SAP group it's our job to help others and also expect the help as appreciation.

You can always take back the points awarded to some one once you feel it was not proper.

Many times it happens people raise question and then even forget to go once and check them. And out of the busy schedule we take the pain to login and help people around. So what ever i said was just a part of it without any offence.

What is more important for me is whether you query was answered or not.

Also if it is answered do mark it so. There is an option in the left side which if you click it's marked answered.

If you already know these just don't pay any attention to all these.

regards and best wishes to you in SDN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

no offense taken

I always reward points with helpful answers, as i did with yours, but i rarely give the "problem solved" points, unless my whole problem is really solved

Thx again for the help.

greetz,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

see next message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can upgrade a preview version from SP9 to SP10.

I have done that to SP11:

1. Download required SP from service.sap.com/patches (go for example into Entry by Application Group -> Support Package Stacks; and then use SAP Download Manager to download all required patches)

2. use JSPM to apply required SP (a. update of JSPM using JSPM itself b. After restarting the JSPM, apply the SP Stack using the option Support Package Stack)

Kind Regards, Jack