cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change an inspection lot size during defect recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to everybody,

I would to know if is it possible to change, during defect recording, the sample size.

Example:

1. Inbound form PO of 100 pz

2. Creation of inspection lot of 5 (in based on sample scheme definition)

3. Quality inspection steps in QA32: - Inspection results -> Inspected : 5 result: 1 (there is a defect)

At the time in which I found a defect, i would to change, for the same inspection lot, the quantity to check. In this way the lot size must be changed form 5 to 10 pz inspected.

Is it possibile?

Tks and regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may want to look at the sampling scheme functionality.  The table has multiple columns that allow you to enter in additional samples to be taken when the intial or previous set of samples fail.  The concept is built on ASTM and MiL-Spec standards.  I have not personally implemented this functionality but I believe it is to do what you are looking for.  It is however formalized.  I.e. I don't think it's easy to deviate from the set table.  I.e if you fail the first set of 5, and the table specifies to take 10 more samples, you have to take ten.  9 or 11 is not permitted.  But that might be able to be influenced by the scope too.

Craig

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer http://scn.sap.com/thread/3311712

Using sampling scheme with dependent multiple sample, you can inspect more sample based on result.

Regards

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The process you are describing is managed through Dynamic Modification Rules.

You can define different levels of inspection severity and assign different sample size.

Quality levels can be either changed automatically (through DMRs) or manually using QDL2 transaction.

Please let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayoub,

thanks for your response.

I know the Dynamic Modification Rules, but they does not working on the same inspection lot, but through a creation a new inspection lot when there will be a new inbound, right?

What I need is the possibility to change the same inspection lot in the same time of I found a defect.

I do not know if it is clear, my english level isn't well.

Tks

Peter

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I understand now.

I don't see the point of changing the sample size for the same inspection lot.

However what you can do is use the followup action at the usage decision level to trigger another inspection lot with a modified sample size.

IF you can explain more on the business requirement, it will be more easy to propose a solution.

Regards,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayoub,

this sound good! They can "Rejected" the whole lot and then create a new inspection lot.

I'm watching the transaction QA11 and in the bottom there are only this FollowUpThen:

EXAMPL_LExample of UD for Insp. Lot (No Effect)
MAILSend Standard Mail
MAIL2Send Test Mail
MAIL3Send Log Including Long Text
MANUALTrigger Follow-Up Actions Manually
QM_PMUpdate Maintenance Data
QM_ST_1Complete IT: No Follow-Up Functions
QM_ST_2Complete FT: Confirmation to Scheduling
QM_ST_3Complete IT: With Follow-Up Functions
QM_ST_4Complete FT: Complete Study for S.C.
QM_ST_5Complete FT: With Follow-Up Function
QM_ST_6Complete Man. FT:Complete Study for S.C.
QM_ST_7Complete Manual FT:With Follow-Up Functn

how I could to say to the system: create a new inspection lot? is it customizing or custom procedure?

thanks

Peter

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

You need to create a new followup action in the customizing. Then assign a standard or custom FM to create the inspection lot.

Since you need to update the Quality level first, you have to include this action in the followup

action. This means you proceed as follows :

1. Create new followup action (customizing)

2. Create own FM where

2.1 you update the Quality level (check FM to do same as QDL2)

2.2 Create the inspection lot (You can try using this BAPI CO_QM_INSPECTION_LOT_CREATE )

3. Assign the custom FM to newly created followup action in step 1.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Ayoub.

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Alternatively, you can ask the business users to update the quality level before the UD, so you don't need to have custom FM. But this needs to be tested cause i am not sure if the system will pick the new level.

Regards,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately we can only use a std solution.

When you say: "you can ask the business users to update the quality level before the UD" did you refer to possibility modify the size through QAC3 TC (reset sample). This is possible manually, but only before result recording.

thank you so much.

Peter

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

No i meant the user will use QDL2 to update the quality level (wich in turn will influence the next inspection lot sample size) before the usage decision is made (which is triggering then the followup action to create new inspection lot)

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Ayoub.