cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice generated inspite of missing WBS element

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have an issue related to ETO order.

ETO order is generated and WBS element is not assigned to line item, inspite of missing WBS element Invoice has been generated. Please let me know, what are the setting that I need to check. Why Invoice has generated which shoudn't happen.

Please help me with solution.

Thanking in advance...

Thanks & Regards

SmithaN.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Smith,

Maintain the "PS_PSP_PNR" in the incompletion Log - Sales Order Line item for the respective item category.

Select(Tick) "Incomplet.messages" in Maintain Sales Order types (VOV8) for your respective sales order type - This setting will stop the user to save till the document is complete. 

Regards

Senya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smita ,

Please go through this link it might be helpful.

Thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

smitha,

inspite of missing WBS element Invoice has been generated.

With Incompletion log functionality you can stop the creation of invoice, if  a particular information (e.g. WBS element, at item level) is missing. So, the incomplete order will be saved, delivery can also be created but system will not allow creation of invoice.

In incompletion log functionality, check status group (e.g. 04 which has check box "Billing doc." activated).

Client might want to save the order when WBS is missing rather than having to input the order once again (when incomplete order can not be saved)

TW

former_member200027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the issues are: when WBS element is missing in sales order, why:

1. the imcompletion log is not issued;

2. the order can be saved with WBS element missing.

Am I right?

If so, please check following:

For issue 1:

1st.    define incompletion procedure for order header and item in transaction OVA2;

2nd.   assign header incompletion procedure to order type in transaction VOV8;

3rd.    assign item incompletion procedure to item category in transaction VOV7;

For issue 2:

There is a flag named "Incomplet. messages" in VOV8. If you mark this flag for the order type,

then it is not allowed to save the order when it is incomplete.

Best regards,

Crystal Lin

0 Kudos

Hi Lin,

Thanks for your reply.

The settings you suggested are applicable for sales order header and item level. But if we define in header level we are getting incompletion log but when we assign WBS element it is not copying to item level. So the suggetion of assiging WBS element to header incompletion log will not work for us.

And if we set this field in incompletion log at item level system is throwing waring message but not stoping from saving order.

My requirement is - if we are not entering WBS element in sales order. Sales order should through error message without proceeding.

Thanks & Regards

SmithaN

former_member200027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SmithaN,

The "Incomplet. messages" flag in VOV8 will prevent user from saving sales order, even though

the missing field is at item level and the flag is maintained at header level customizing.

F1 help of the flag:  "Indicates whether you can save an incomplete sales document".

I have tested this flag in my system:

1. adding field "quantity" to item level incompletion procedure;

2. mark "Incomplet.messages" flag for the document type;

3. create order with field "quantity" blank(all the other fields in incompletion procedure are filled

correctly)

result: at item level, enter material number without entering quantity, press enter button, system will issue message "VU001" first, which can be bypassed by pressing "enter" button.

But when trying to save the order, system will issue incompletion log and message V1012. If you do not maintain missing fields and try to save the order again, message V1012 will be issued again and again so that the order cannot be saved.

Could you please test this also in your system?

Best regards,

Crystal Lin

0 Kudos

Hi lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your kind responce.

My concern is inspite of WBS element maintained in the incompletion log at item level for a sales order, system is not triggering log if WBS element is missing. Which prevent from billing.

Now how to make WBS element field mandetory to prevent sales order from saving if it is missing.

Thank & regards

SmithaN.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at the note 157321

G. Lakshmipathi