Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Influence about system performance by RAL, SAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Experts.

My team are going to use RAL(Read Access Log) and SAL(Security Audit Log)

for logging users access to sensitive data.

To meet the compliance, we have to log users' activity information

as 5W1H(WHO, WHAT, HOW, WHEN, WHERE, WHY) principle.

But I want to know that how much will system performance be affected by applying RAL and SAL.

Are there anyone who have the data or experience about that?

I understand it can be different by the level of log detail.

Best Regards.

Dongki.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been through measurement exercises in the past for SAL and have found no measurable performance influences.  The only factor we could measure was log growth (which is very dependent on what you are logging) and that is arguably storage rather than performance related. 

I can't say I have looked at RAL from a performance perspective yet so am also interested in hearing any answers to this.

Cheers

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been through measurement exercises in the past for SAL and have found no measurable performance influences.  The only factor we could measure was log growth (which is very dependent on what you are logging) and that is arguably storage rather than performance related. 

I can't say I have looked at RAL from a performance perspective yet so am also interested in hearing any answers to this.

Cheers