Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling multiple travel requests per day via schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on Travel Management.

My client wishes that it should not be possible for any employee to raise more than one travel requests per day.

In the schema, the check box- Multiple TRs/Day is not available. I think with the help of this, maybe issue could be resolved.

I am not sure.

Can someone point out what could be missing? What should I do to control this?

Thank you.

Ruth Dhamone

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth,

from my understanding there is no control on this in SAP standard.

The control starts in a schema for expenses which is for your requirement to late.

But if you like to check if a trip already exists (travel request) this would be possible with User exit and ABAP programming FITR0005 (User Exit: Save Trip (PR01, PR04, PR05)

Best regards, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Mr Krause. For one of my clients (as a support project), they have a schema which allows several trips/day and all the other schemas do not. I have attached a screenshot. Does this check box is via a user exit then?

I have one more question, if you would be so kind to help me.

Is it possible to change the schema of a trip expense at PR05 level? I am unable to do so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attaching the screenshot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth, I'm Sigi you do not name me Mr. Krause 😉

The Schema comes up for expense Management. For a travel request you do not need a individual schema. (technical usage of schema PL Technical Trip Schema for Usage with Travel Requests and Tra - Release notes 46C - SAP Library)

What you have explained is SAP standard. What I have explained in my first post was only valid for the travel request.

The screen shot you have entered just check the field help (mark the field and click on F1) - here you get all the information what the field is doing in the dialog.

Second question - yes you should be able to change the schema in PR05. I'm not on a system now but there should be something in the menu...

Best regards, Sigi

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Concerning the question with the Switching of the Trip Schema in PR05, I'm also very interested how exactly this works. I.e. allegedly this is possible via the Extras-Menu Switching the Trip Schema - Travel Expenses - SAP Library but in my System, this option does not exist at all. I have seen a couple of other threads consulting this topic where people had the entry in the Extras-Menu, but greyed out and yet other threads where people apparently had the option and also used it because they asked about subsequent problems of this funtionality. I can only make assumptions why this is so, though I'd like to actually know

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lukas, yes I am able to change schema the way it is explained in the document.

maybe it is version dependent. I am on SAP ECC 6.0

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm on NW AS 7.03 ABAP Stack 731 Level 13, ECC 606 (EHP 6) with SAP_HR 604 Level 81 and EA_HR 607 (HR-Renewal 1) Level 32 over here. Maybe they really removed it... or it's not available for the deviant Public Sector ;-/. Doesn't really matter though, we don't need it, I was just curious 😉

Anyway, since this is not your problem (I misunderstood), there are two possibilities I can think of at the moment:

1. The Trip is still in the future, hence the Schema doesn't have to be changed and the system remains in technical Schema PL (which is unlikely in your case if the status really says "Trip Completed"). I.e. your Trip is not in the future, is it?

2. Only one of your expense Schemas qualifies for the trip. In that case the system silently defaults to that one and you don't get the option to choose from a list.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trip is not in future. But if the users have applied a wrong schema, the admin wants to change it before posting. This change was possible for TR but once it changes to trip completed. But with what you suggested, I was able to change it and save it without issues. Thanks again.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now I'm entirely confused, but if your problem is solved, that's the most important thing.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sigi

so as per SAP standard, it is possible to have 2 requests for the same day (overlapping times also). For changing this, user exit can be modified as explained by you.

second question that I asked, when the TR is saved as Trip Completed/Approved and I try to change it, I do not get a pop up to change the schema. Can you explain why this is so?

Former Member
0 Kudos

because on the status. Check in transaction PRTE on which Schema the trip (it is not a request) is saved. Change from one schema into another is not by default pop-up - you have to do it manual via the menu. (try to us transaction TRIP for creating a "real" travel request - status should be request created or something similar...