cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLDAPICUST test failed with HTTP request error (413): NIEHOST_UNKNOWN (-2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're setting up connection between an CRM ABAP system and the PI Java.

At first, on the CRM with SM59, we have 2 TCP/IP connections SLD_UC and SLD_NUC, which can work and test successfully. Then we go to SLDAPICUST and would like to create a new connection record. We select "Access to SLD Server Using HTTP" with "Connection Parameter Entered Here", and create the connection, with Alias Name, the PI system address, the workable Port, and User/Pwd which we can use to log into SLD of the PI Java. However, after clicking the "Test" button for this new created record, we get the following failure message:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

SLD destination settings:

Alias:       [my alias name]

Host name:   address.pi.com

Port number: 99999

User:        [My user account of PI Java]

Testing HTTP connection to the SLD server...

An exception has occurred:

Exception on SLD server: Error in processing of HTTP request: (413)Connect to cic3h.sapcoe.sap.com:8010 failed: NIEHOST_UNKNOWN(-2)

Connection to SLD does not work

There's a very weird point is: the host name "cic3h.sapcoe.sap.com:8010" in the error message is totally different from my host/port settings, which are "address.pi.com" and "99999" (these are not real values, I just give temporary ones here for easier explanation". Because I don't know what the "cic3h.sapcoe.sap.com:8010" is and do not know where it's defined, can anybody kindly help tell me how to resolve this problem?

In addition, we never define "cic3h.sapcoe.sap.com:8010" in the TCP/IP connections SLD_UC and SLD_NUC either. We've treid to search on SCN and Notes but cannot find any solution for this issue.

Any advice will be very appreciated. Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186895
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

It picks port number from SMICM parameter.

Give tcode smicm->goto->parameters->display

Check here all information regarding port and hostname is correct.

Thanks

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for all your reply. However, we've already studied the Note 1718664 before posting this

questions:

1718664  - Function LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS returns exception when called in SLDCHECK

And after following it, we find the error of SLDCHECK should be caused by the failure from

SLDAPICUST ..... This's why my original post asked the question for the error logs of the

SLDAPICUST test as below...

SLD destination settings:

Alias:       [my alias name]

Host name:   address.pi.com

Port number: 99999

User:        [My user account of PI Java]

Testing HTTP connection to the SLD server...

An exception has occurred:

Exception on SLD server: Error in processing of HTTP request: (413)Connect to

cic3h.sapcoe.sap.com:8010 failed: NIEHOST_UNKNOWN(-2)

Connection to SLD does not work

We've also already followed Note 1718664  before this post:

1718664  - Function LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS returns exception when called in SLDCHECK

The table "LCRT_SERVADDR" is empty, and we're sure the user/pwd is correct, the user also has

"LcrInstanceWriterLD" role. The Business System for the Integration Server is maintained in SLD

with role of "Integration Server". The software components are registered in SLD too.

Because we've also tried the IP address in the connection host name, so it should not a 

problem from the "hosts" file....

We've also tried SMGW and ST12, but do not know how to find where the connection

"cic3h.sapcoe.sap.com" comes from.

Anybody has other suggestions? This issue really blocks us a lot...

Best Regards

White Hsu

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello White,

Can you monitor the defaultTrace for your PI Java instance on which I presume your SLD is running, check if it generates any helpful information, you need to check when you are running a test.

Because checking your screenshot again, I see that it says, Exception ON SLD Server, which means your CRM could connect to SLD, but maybe in the callback process or response process, the SLD server is attempting to connect on a wrong host.

Is the entry for CRM system defined on SLD, check the technical system pertaining to CRM on your SLD, does it have any application server etc that may have been errorneously pointing to host "cic3h.sapcoe.sap.com"

What is "cic3h.sapcoe.sap.com" by the way? can you ping it from your desktop?

Regards,

Siddhesh

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi White ,

Please check whether you can acces the following link

http://<SLD SERVER:port>/sld/cimom

if you can access the above with the userid and password  , try to setup the connection as recommended . " Connection using HTTP destination "  [ This will create adestination in SM59 under

"HTTP connections to the destination server "

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what test button are you speaking about ?, can you share a screenshot ?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your kind reply. Here is the screen:

And here's the screen of failure test result:

Thank you!!

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi White,

Error code

NIEHOST_UNKNOWN(-2)

relates with unknown host by the system from which you're testing,For this have you maintained host entries of other system into the hosts file of system ? If not try to maintain the entries & re-check or test the connection again.

Regards,

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I must admit honestly, I haven't worked on the version of CRM that you are using as I haven't seen this screen before.

But I guess you must have already checked this,is there any HTTP rfc in your CRM system with the name SLD_POL_PI.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi White

1. Could you check the transaction SLDCHECK its opening you SLD Server? during the execution time are you able to open the SLD Server URL?

2. Could you check your browser settings?

3. If possible you can try another desktop ?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SS,

Thanks for your reply. I've treid SLDCHECK, and the browser can be launced with correct URL http://address.pi.com:99999, but it stills shows error as below:

I think the failure msg is still related to the error in SLDAPICUST.

We've also tried it on different laptops, but the error always exists on different computers, including the error msg of SLDAPICUST and SLDCHECK.

Best Regards

White Hsu

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding this "exception code 3" issue, you can also refer to below SAP KBA for troubleshooting:

1718664 - "Function LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS returns exception when called in SLDCHECK"

Regards,

Bíborka

former_member264034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to ask you to refer to note #1718664.

1718664 - Function LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS returns exception when

called in SLDCHECK

Regarding "Function call returned exception code     3" please

this help.sap.com site:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/78/20244134a56532e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,
Aidan