cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fetching data from multiple backends

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey experts,

I have an app in which I am providing the user with the choice of selecting multiple backends after logging in. Based on the dynamic selection I want to fetch data from those particular backends.
The methodology used is the common way wherein, I create a function module in the backends, a service in the gateway server and then creating an app in the eclipse environment to accomodate the needs.

Initially i thought of making different entity sets importing the RFC/BOR interface from their equivalent backends. Then I could make a service call in my app and within an array of IF loops I would read the data from the entity sets, based on the selection from the user initially. But obviously this is an extremely naive way of going about that requirement, because in a situation where there are a huge number of backends the computations that I would need to provide for the IF loops will be humongous.

Is there any way that I can go about with this requirement. System aliases is a concept that I am curious about, but I really don't know if it applies.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rathan,

As Chandra mentioned, you need to use multiple origin concept of Gateway service. You need to create a gateway service in the same way and use assign multiple system alias () to this service. So when the user selects the backend, you need to pass that specific system alias in your all gateway calls. The destination would be extracted from the passed system alias.

Regards,

Ekansh

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the concept of multiple origin composition to get the data from multiple backend systems.

Refer How to Enable Multi-Origin Capability in SAP FI... | SCN and

Regards,

Chandra