cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project plan for CEI implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear everyone,

I am trying to create a project plan for a SAP CEI (Customer Engagement Intelligence) implementation project. This is the first time I am doing this so I hope to get some guidance on how to do it.

Have anyone implemented SAP CEI before? And is there a sample project plan that I can refer to?

Thank you for the help.

cheers,

Bryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bryan,

You are probably aware that SAP CEI is now known as SAP hybris Marketing(yMKT).  The good news is that underlying technology and architectural foundation is the same so how you plan your projects remains almost same as CEI.  However you may notice new functionality is being added every quarter. 

There are several implementation were done already and many in progress.  Before you start project, please make sure to have following in order

1. What are the inbound sources of data

2. What are the outbound integrations

3. What modules of yMKT you plan to implement (eg:segmentation, recomendation, acquire, campaign management..etc.)

3. What are the key KPI that you plan to use to segment and run campaigns. 

Once you have above information, you can put together a bit realistic project plan.  The high level workstreams are listed below.

1. system setup (dev, Q and prod): 

2. Data acquistion

3. Data modeling

4. yMKT application configuration, outbound integration

5. customer reporting/enhancements (optional)

System setup is typical SAP BASIS activity.  Data acquisition and modeling is relative to the no of inbound source systems you have and even can be optional if your data is coming from SAP systems only.

Following are the typical skillset you need in the team. 

Project Manager

Basis/Netweaver Technology Consultant

HANA Solution Modeler

hybris Marketing Functional Consultant

Data Load Technology Consultant

Technical/ABAP (Remote) - Optional

Also, try to download the RDS content (http://service.sap.com/rds-cei) and you will have project schedule spreadsheet and questionnaire that can actually give you good start.

Hope this helps

-Bharath

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Bharath,

I have the latest RDS package content on my computer. I found the excel spreadsheet for project schedule but I couldn't find the scoping questionnarie.

Could you refer to the document name or guide me to where it's located, please?

Thanks in advance

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hakan,

Scoping questionnaire is not part of RDS documents.  In my opinion you could create such document template, by asking details about inbound, outbound channels and attributes/KPI's of segmentation profile as they determine the scope/effort.

Thank you

-Bharath

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Bharath. I appreciated your reply.

Answers (0)