SAP for Mill Products Discussions
Explore conversations about production optimization, resource utilization, and quality control using SAP in the mill products industry. Join in or start your own!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Restricted Interchangeability

cagdas_iz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there anyone using restricted interchangeability. I read help documents and forum but couldn't find enough info. Can you give some information usage and configuration of it?

Thanks all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The informatiion from SAP Help seems enough to set up this scenario on your system:

IL Maintaining Restricted Interchangeable Parts - Inventory Management - SAP Library

If you already tested and it does not work as expected, please provide us more details.

Regards

Caetano

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The informatiion from SAP Help seems enough to set up this scenario on your system:

IL Maintaining Restricted Interchangeable Parts - Inventory Management - SAP Library

If you already tested and it does not work as expected, please provide us more details.

Regards

Caetano

0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

Good to see a reply from you. In fact our business requirement is same with this :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1553098

We try to get a solution that takes alternative material stocks into consideration during MRP run. In standart alternative items in bom, we should run availability check for components in planned orders. (Unfortunately, it gives all dependent reqiurement to first item, if all requirement is not covered by one item, even there is partial stock for other items)

So is there any way in FFF class, to take into consideration item-1's stock for item-2's reqiurement, but not to take item-2's stock for item-1's requirement.

Hope to see your replies.

Thanks a lot.

Cagdas

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

This is a DIMP functionality, therefore, I have moved this thread to the space SAP for Mill Products & Mining.

BR
Caetano

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for moving to correct thread.

Is there anyone used before Restricted Interchangeability function?

Best regards

Cagdas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Now I am working on part interchange. I have been looking on the link that you already post. I am still struggling how system can read the restricted interchange part. On the example I can see clear that Part A with FFF Class 1 restricted with Part X with FFF Class 2.

My question:

- How I set the Part A restricted with Part X in different FFF Class?

- How to configured this transaction?

- What transaction that I can test this issues?

Thank for you help.

Kind Regards,

Yosef CR