cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap NW 7.4 installation with oracle 12c

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to install the NW 7.4 with oracle 12c as standalone machine.

During the phase of install database server software phase, we got message as below snap

but we got doubt as why we need to install grid? please suggest us how can we proceed in that.

Note: we selected the option "install DB with oracle user" is there any relation between this?

Regards

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

i go through all the notes you mentioned. we tried to continue the installation with "install oracle as ora<sid> user" option. this time it allows as normal procedure and installation also completed.

what my query is, why the "install oracle using oracle user" option gave issue like installing grid infrastructure and then database software.

is there any particular reason behind that? i tried to find the answer for that, but i am not.

Regards

Balaji

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you also checked limitations described in SAP Note 2133079 - "Oracle Database 12c: Integration in SAP environment" and in the SAP on Oracle Development Update ?

Regarding the Software Owner, you can also refer to SAP Note 1914631 - "Central Technical Note for Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (12.1)"

Regards,
Bíborka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biborka,

Thanks for the clarification. i understood the limitations of 12c that we are not able to use 12c in fresh installation.

But i am surprised when installation also completed successfully when i select oracle software owner as ora<SID> during installation process.

but when i select oracle software owner as oracle, it force me to install oracle grid infrastructure also. that point only i am not able to understand.

finally i found workaround as below and finished installation in development system.

1. select the oracle owner as ora<SID> in SAP installation screen

2. continue the installation

3. install the oracle 12c with ora<SID> user

4. finish the installation.

5. migrate the oracle software owner as oracle from ora<SID> as per note 1915317

i dont know whether it is correct.

Regards

Balaji

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already mentioned that the Installation for 12c is NOT supported (software still is not ready).

For Oracle 11g "ora<sid>" was single instance and "oracle" was RAC or ASM, both require the grid.

For oracle 12c, the "oracle" user is a MUST, but, as I mentioned already 3 times, the SAP installation software still is not ready. ONLY UPGRADES to 12c are supported, not NEW installations.

There you have your answer.

Now, you  have done a new installation on 12c with the ora<sid> user, so you have a NON SUPPORTED installation. It is OK if it only for practice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, i also understood the limitations of 12c installation as mentioned earlier.

this is test system only. so no issue.

Thanks for the response fidel.

Regards

Balaji

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested to obtain more information about certification and integration of Oracle 12c in SAP environments you may refer to below SAP Notes:

2133079 - "Oracle Database 12c: Integration in SAP environment"
1914631 - "Central Technical Note for Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (12.1)"
1915299 - "Troubleshooting Software Installation for 12.1.0.2"

Also you can check the SAP on Oracle Development Update for more details.

Regards,
Bíborka

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

the reason might be that a new installation in Oracle 12c is not supported  as indicated by the latest SAP on Oracle Development Update and SAP Note 2133079