cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter Setting for Windows 64-Bit Windows (Zero Administration)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know the advantages behind setting up parameters based on SNOTE 88416 & 1518419.

I will explain our current environment to make understand first. Kindly help us to provide the solution for each parameter to set in Default or Instance Profile accordingly.

We are using Windows 2008 R2 64-Bit with MS SQL Server 2008 in Cluster Mode.

We having 1 CI , 1 DB node, & 2 Dialog Nodes. In this dialog node we have created additionally 1 more dialog node also.

1. Central Instances        -1 Server          128 GB RAM      Kernel 7.21_EXT_REL 401 Version

2. Database Instance      -1 Server          128 GB RAM      Kernel 7.21_EXT_REL 401 Version

3. Dialog Instances          -1 Server          128 GB RAM      Kernel 7.21_EXT_REL 401 Version

4. 2 Dialog Instances.      -1 Server          128 GB RAM      Kernel 7.21_EXT_REL 401 Version

Concerns:

1. Whether we need to do fine tuning for parameters in 2 dialog node server, where we included additionally one more dialog node in that server recently.

( For Eg : em/initial_size_MB has been set 131008 value in 1 dialog node & 2 dialog node its has been set 61440 value )

Kindly suggest us whether we need to divide all parameters values for these 2 dialog nodes ?

2.  As per SNOTE 88416 - Phys_Memsize scenario, kindly explain the same how to set in  default profile or instance profile. I have attached my calculation, please suggest the same.

It would be great if someone help us.

Regards,

Gopinath M.L

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopinath

1. Whether we need to do fine tuning for parameters in 2 dialog node server, where we included additionally one more dialog node in that server recently.

( For Eg : em/initial_size_MB has been set 131008 value in 1 dialog node & 2 dialog node its has been set 61440 value )

Each DI physical server level you have to define the memory parameters.

2.  As per SNOTE 88416 - Phys_Memsize scenario, kindly explain the same how to set in  default profile or instance profile. I have attached my calculation, please suggest the same.

You have to define in the instance profile parameters and as per the SAP Note 88416 base reference of the initial memory and buffer parameters, in a month you have to review the memory parameters,

3. In you virtual memory you can define 2 times.

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for your reply.

1. Each DI physical server level you have to define the memory parameters.

Yes, we have copied the entire parameters values as same as DI 1 & kept in DI 2.

My question is here, whether we need to share/divide all the parameters set accordingly in instance profile or not ??? If you require i can attach all parameters which has been set in DI 1 & DI 2.

2. You have to define in the instance profile parameters and as per the SAP Note 88416 base reference of the initial memory and buffer parameters, in a month you have to review the memory parameters,

Please check the below link Memory parameters for SAP on 64 Bit Windows screenshot, which describes to add phys_memsize, need to understand how to add that parameter & calculation whether it should be in Default or Instance profile, where other parameters values will be calculated automatically.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Basis/Memory+parameters+for+SAP+on++64+bit+Windows

Regards,

Gopinath M.L

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gopinath,

Seems to be a consulting question , why would you not implement the parameters that you have calculated and raise a question when and if you have problems?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Hope you are aware that these parameters relate to memory fine tuning & we will not get proper approval to proceed before we implement them in PRD system. As we face ABAP Dump, Swap & memory issue onl in PRD landscapes...

Kindly help me to understand the 2 scenario accordingly , i can go ahead in the parameter fine tuning...

Regards,

Gopinath M.L