Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD migration query

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

hello All,

I am working in one of the PI migration project ( new installation & phase out approach) from SAP XI 3.0 to SAP PI 7.31 ( dual stack).

I have one query regarding migration of SLD content from old PI production sld ( local sld) to new development sld ( local sld).

Client wants us to  migrate the objects from Old XI prod box to new PI Dev box.

I would like to know what is the best approach i can use to migrate the details related to ECC prod ( tech system & business system) in old prod sld to new PI Dev sld.

As in old prod sld we have Business system to type ABAP as PRD and in new dev sld we have Business system as DEV.

So how we will migrate the ID objects from OLD  PROD to new DEV ?

Does export and import of Technical system and Business system ( type ABAP) will be the best approach or there is any other way to do that.

Please advise.

Thanks

Geetanshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rathansekhar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go with SLD Export and Import Approach.

But you need to run RZ70 form ECC to connecting the SLD AS ABAP Technical Systems.

Regards,

Rathan

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I have already exported the Product,TS and BS (third party) to new Dev SLD from old Prod sld successfully.

However what i understood from your reply that i need to run RZ70 from old prod ecc system pointing towards New dev sld.Which will create the TS( ECC) in SLD and then create the BS ( ABAP) related to TS.

In target transport we need to give target as New DEV ecc name ( DEV ) so that i can import the ID objects from Old prod PI system to New dev PI system successfully.

Please correct if  the above approach is wrong

Thanks

Geetanshi

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Any feedback on above approach please ?

Thanks

Geetanshi

rathansekhar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Geetanshi,

First try to Create Old PROD Techninal and BS in new DEV SLD then keep Old PROD as Source and Traget as New DEV System and you can import ID objects.

Regards,

Rathan.

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Ratan for your response.

By creating OLD prod TS you mean by RZ70 or we can import the same old prod sld?

Please clarify this.

Thanks

Geetanshi

rathansekhar
Explorer
0 Kudos

By RZ70 only. Mannuly or by importing it will not work properly

Regards,

Rathan.

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Ratan for your help.

I will check and revert back.

Once done i will close this thread.

Thanks

Geetanshi

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ratan,

Sorry to bother you again on this issue. However there is one more concern on this front.

As mentioned by you from RZ70 i will be able to create the TS ( ABAP) of Prod ecc system into new PI Dev sld.

But to create the Business system of Old  ECC prod system in new Dev sld  and to create the Target transports in new Dev sld we need to have     "Related Integration server" of old prod system present in new Dev sld.

Please let me know how we can achieve this as i can see only one Integration server that is for only for new PI Dev system.

How can we get integration server of old prod system into new dev sld. Please advise.

Thanks

Geetanshi

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts

Any inputs on same I m stuck with this and need to address the same please advise on same

Thanks

Geetanshi

rathansekhar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

But to create the Business system of Old  ECC prod system in new Dev sld  and to create the Target transports in new Dev sld we need to have    "Related Integration server" of old prod system present in new Dev sld.

Yes you need have Related intergartion server of  XI old production system in new DEV sld and you can assign  the Related intergaration server of old XI production system to the business system of old ECC prod.

Regards,

Rathan.

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Ratan for your kind help on this.

But how can i get the Integration server related to PRD in new dev sld?

do i need to export the integration server of PRD from old sld and import it in new dev sld. Does this approach will work?

Please advise on same.

Once again thanks for your support.

Thanks

Geetanshi

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All

Any inputs on same

How I will get the IS relateto old Xi prod system into New sld dev

Thanks

Geetanshi

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All.

Issue got solved by following the below approach.

1) RZ70 from old PRD ECC system to register Technical system details in new Dev sld

2) Export and Import of PRD ECC Business system into new Dev sld from old XI PRD sld.

3) RZ70 from old PRD XI system to register Tech. system details of XIP in new dev sld.

4) Export and import of XIP ( Integration server) from old XI PRD sld.

5)RZ70 from new ECC upgraded system to register TS details in new Dev sld.

6) Create new BS related to new ECC system  in dev sld.

7) Create 2 Transport groups i.e one related to old PRD systems and one related to new Dev systems in new dev sld

😎 For PRD Business system in new dev sld add the target transport as new  ECC BS name.

Also for Third party systems we are using the same Business system names across all landscape so we have not done any additional settings for importing the objects from Old PRD XI sld to new dev sld.

We followed the below sequence for export and import

1) Export and import of Product.

2) Export and Import of Technical systems.

3)Export and import Business systems.

If you need to change the Change the name of BS in new dev sld then use the Target transport concept in target sld.

With above steps we will able to migrate the objects from Old PRD XI sld to new Dev sld..

I hope this will help the community.

Thanks Ratan for your valuable inputs on same. I am closing the thread.

Regards

Geetanshi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geetanshi

If you are using 731 SP7, please refer the below link for migration.

I have taken part from 730 to 731 migration project.

Thanks

Satish

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Any advise on the approach? Please

Thanks

Geetanshi

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Geetanshi,

SLD Export and Import is the best approach. If you want to retain the old system for a while for developers, you can also put a Data Supplier Bridge/ Synchronization between old XI Prod and the new XI Prod SLDs. That way, you wont miss any new Business Systems that will be created by developers and keeps old and new SLD in synch.

For export/ import scenario you may refer Migrating SLD Server on SAP XI | SAP NW Newbie for more details on steps.

Best is to follow recommendations given in SLD Planning guide here:

Regards,

Shahid Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geetanshi,

I would like to know what is the best approach i can use to migrate the details related to ECC prod ( tech system & business system) in old prod sld to new PI Dev sld.

If you are using the same old ECC prod then export the SLD , But  ECC is also new one  and u want to migrate the whole objects from Old prod ECC to new DEV ECC  then go for fresh SLD creation in PI.

I hope I am clear with words .... it seems little bit confuse

Regards,

Rudra