cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find a consolidated view for SAP PI/PO transports and it's underlying objects such as mapping, channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

am in PO 7.4 and we are trying to find a consolidated view for al transports and underlying objects of ESR and Configuration objects which includes IFLOW as well.

Now, if we have to see what the transport contains, we have to go to ESR and Configuration separately to search for the transport and that too we have to go to CTS first to find the user and date and only then we can use search criteria. the searchable fields based on transport guid and stuffs are not sure for what need? Any idea how to get a consolidated view for search transports and all PI/PO objects under it.

thx

mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

I'm not really sure what you mean by "consolidated view".

This was what I used to do in a dual stack system, I'm not sure if the CTS+ view on single stack provides the same details.

If I want to find all the objects under a specific transport no, there will be a "non ABAP" object under the transport with an ID. (don't have screenshot for this step)

Using that ID, access the Find Transport function in ESR or ID (Swing) and enter in the Transport ID field and search.

Click the transport that appears in the search results, and switch to Transported Objects to see all objects under that transport.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

thx, This I know already. I'm looking for similar view somewhere within PO.

For ex: I have one config object (value map) and one design object (map) within same TR.

If I go to this view and if its ESR, I get only map but I want value map also and if its ID, I get only value map but no map. Like this, if I have several objects, I want to get a consolidated view where it shows both ESR and ID objects. So, I know this TR contains only these many objects without toggling btw ESR and ID

thx

mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

And also using this search, I can't use transport ID field for search. This is not a transport ID like PODEV1234, this ID has more to it. so, I have to search by user and navigate from there to find the TR, correct? There is no direct search using transport ID PODEV1234. right?

thx

mike

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike

Unfortunately, there is no consolidated view for ESR and ID objects. If there is, I haven't seen so in all my years working on XI/PI/PO. So you might be stuck with toggling between ESR and ID.

Transport ID is not the same as the transport no. It is a long alphanumerical value like "ce02091f17273b389f4cd9e1e8864f96". Like I mentioned above, in a dual stack system, this can be found under the transport in SE10/SE01. Unfortunately, we have not had CTS+ set up in our single stack system, so I can't check if the web view of CTS+ provides the similar ID value. Perhaps if you can look around in your system to see if you can find it.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The transport ID in CTS+ browser you can find like below.

Regards,

Praveen.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the screenshot, Praveen! Indeed a picture is worth a thousand words!

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guys for the effort. So, I assume there is no way we can see all objects together in one place for a TR if it involves design and configuration objects and also we can't really search using a TR number in single stack using CTS+. We have to take the guid and search within ESR and ID for getting the objects such as map, value map, IFLOW etc.

thx

mike

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK, yup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

I've another question related to UDMS and it's posted in this discussion group. Can you take a look at it pls.

thx

mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

and this one too

thx

mike