cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure to archive to OS hardisk directly in OAC0?

jongeun_song
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi  i'm JONG

i have a system Solman 7.1 SP08 on Windows 2008 R2, and have some problem about Local Disk spcace .

because Solman has a lot of satellite SAP System that configured EWA Re( like EP, PI )

so Our Solman regularly receives new data.

i already read  SAP Notes 546685 - Archiving in Solution Manager (operation)

how to configure to archive to OS hardisk directly detail  in OAC0?

please help. 

Best regards..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jong

If you want to archive and not keep that data in the database of your SAP Solution Manager, what is done most commonly (best practice) is to use a SAP Content Server and archive to that content server through OAC0. A SAP Content Server is pretty easy to install & configure for use (still a database behind it though).

The question is, if you look at session date like EWA, do you need to keep that in an archive at all?

What we commonly do is mail the EWA's out to persons who are responsible. They never access the EWA data through SAP Solution Manager and only few other scenario's leverage EWA data and those mostly don't go further than one year back for example.

So we delete EWA / session data because it doesn't make sense for us to keep that data for years. It's mailed out and those responsible persons have that data at hand.

Check out SAP Note for example: 638785 - SAP Solution Manager - reduce data volumes

For the rest, I would say, take a look at housekeeping settings of various scenario's like Technical Monitoring etc. It's normal for SAP Solution Manager to grow since nearly all scenario's nowadays save data into the embedded BI (or a separate BI if you configure it differently). That makes the database grow. If housekeeping settings are maintained properly, it should stabilize after a while unless you keep adding new scenario's, new systems etc then you're looking at a constant level of growth.

Kr

Tom

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jong,

SAP System that configured EWA Re( like EP, PI )

so Our Solman regularly receives new data.

If you're searching to archive EWA then i would suggest you to follow SAP Note   2075483 - EarlyWatch Alert Archiving

Hope this will help you.

Regards,