cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Approval Workflow in RAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am using Function Approval Workflow in RAR to initiate approval process after making changes to Functions. Everything works fine and whoever is set up with Function Approver role can go in and approve/reject the change. Since GRAC_FUNCTION_APPROVER agent is of PFCG Roles type, whoever is granted with the Function Approver role can approve it.

How can I route the request to approvers by Business Process?

If one approver is identified for all the functions, it works fine since he/she gets the role and would be able to approve. What if I have one approver for each Business Area like BASIS, CRM, FI etc?

Thanks,

Bhanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu

you can look at an initiator rule and split it out based on business process within a decision table in BRF+. This would then allow you to send it down different paths if you had a path per process area (you might have PFCG role or something to differentiate them and have flexibility to assign approved based on role)

Alternatively, you could do an agent rule to within BRF+

If you search SCN you will find examples of this.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion Colleen. I tried both the options and failed to get it work. I shall change the logic and will check it again.

Thanks much.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

have another go at it. If still stuck, paste some screen shots to show us all what you have attempted to do. Sometimes it's just a small step missing and it's staring you in the face.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

create a Custom agent rule id, where the Decision table has below columns

input: Business process(capture this from Request header)

output: Recipient(provide user id)

Regards

Plaban