Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM Generates Late SNP Planned Orders

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following scenario where CTM is generating Late SNP Planned orders (~ 82 days late) even though there is available capacity starting today on all resources ( valid -30 days +180 Days, used capacity lengthen as well). Stock is available for all the components immediately. The quantity of the SNP Planned Orders generated are correct and are consistent with capacity as well but the start date is incorrect.

In-House Production ( No T-Lanes, Only SNP PDS)

Finished Product A SNP PDS

43 Operations ( each operation takes a day)

Activity relationships are consistent

Bucket Resource consumption has a value for all modes of each activity

Resource Parameters

Start Time: 00:01:00

End Time : 23:59:00

100% Utilization Rate

SNP Bucket Capacity from Continuous capacity

No Downtimes

CTM Parameters

Time Stream: 02/14/2015 - 11/08/2017 (Days)

Replan All orders

Delete Orders that are not Firm

Backward Scheduling

Fixed Pegging

Keep Lateness to Minimum

Plan all resources finitely ( resource has Finite Scheduling set as well)

Demand Prioritization by 'MDBAT' - Material Availability date

Bucket Oriented Planning

SNP Prder

SNP PDS Type

Nothing is excluded in master data and Procurement Alternatives

All I have is a sales order for 04/21/2015 for 4000 Units and enough stock on components to create an order of 710 units. After the CTM run, start date of order is 07/05/2015 and end date is 08/16/2015. I am fine with the duration taken for order creation but the start date should have been today's date i.e. 04/15/2015.

There are no down times on capacity and standard capacity is used. Checked the factory calendar as well(its fine) and no calendars on location.

I have activated explanations in the log.

Capacity is available on all 5 resources from 03/03/2015 to 11/08/2015

An Interesting Find

Warning in todays Explanation Log -

Activity 036000000030 036000000030P: Dispatch not possible from 04/15/2015 00:00:00 to 04/21/2015 07:00:00
Activity 036000000030 036000000030P / Mode    1 cannot be scheduled

Warning in Yesterdays Explanation Log -

Activity 035000000028 035000000028P: Dispatch not possible from 04/14/2015 00:00:00 to 04/21/2015 07:00:00
Activity 035000000028 035000000028P / Mode    1 cannot be scheduled

I see that the warning has changed to the next operation of SNP PDS since yesterdays Run.

I would really appreciate any suggestions or directions to find root cause.

Best Regards

AK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Try to create a SNP Pl.Order manually. Then check the date! 

Also, you could run CTM with the options Ignore that can be found in  CTM Profile - tab Settings - Master Data Settings - Ignore......Select all options and run the CTM heuristic.

Let us know the results!

Thanks, Marius  

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

I created an SNP Pl. Order manually as well as in a data view by running Location Heuristic.

The start date was 04/17 (Current Day) and end date was 05/27 ( +40 days) which is the desired result. The order has a valid PDS and Source of supply along with the appropriate resource.

I have ignored all the Master Data in the CTM Profile and the run still gives me an order start date 07/05 and end date after 40 days.

Interestingly, I changed the Factory calendar on the Resource and the start date changed to 05/20. Both the calendars are Mon-Sun and capacities are available 100% on each day( -30 to 180) when I look at the capacity profile.

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ab,

Be sure that the work center is finite capacity, with utilization rate 100% and you don't have any break duration.

Note - 1617107

PPM/PDS in CTM Planning

The following constraints apply:

- Activities need to be in linear sequence

- Breaks between activies can only be modeled for PP/DS PPMs, except the function "Maximum interval between activities" allows a global break value in SNP PPM (The function can be found in the CTM Profile Tab Setting - Master Data Setting - Inhouse production)

- Activity relation only: END -START supported

- No support for set up matrixes; utilization parameter; set up activity

- The output of the head component, i.e. the output of the location-product for which the PPM/PDS was selected, needs to be at the last activity.

- PI Operations ( Process Industry Operations) are ignored

- No off set times supported; yield always available at the end of the activity

- For PP/DS PPMs a primary resource must be defined

- Unscheduled breaks NOT supported for time continuous resources.

Thanks, Marius

Message was edited by: Marius Talos

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Marius,

The factory calendar on the resource has holidays and CTM couldn't schedule an Order with holidays b/w start and end dates. With the setting for "Maximum interval between activities" (CTM Profile Tab Setting - Master Data Setting - Inhouse production) I was able to solve this issue.

Thanks for the help.

AK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I changed my demand to be just 1 EA and enough stock is available for all components.

I have a clean slate, no SNP Production horizon, PP/DS Horizon, GR/GI processing times or any such thing which would offset the start date on any of the location-products in the model.

I tried forward scheduling and its still the same ( start date is way out in the future )

I have checked the resource utilization from the result indicators of CTM log, all resources have available capacity from 03/16/2015 - 10/10/2015 and not utilized by any other product.

The explanation log however gives me the warning below.

Activity 043000000038 043000000038P: Dispatch not possible from 04/16/2015 00:00:00 to 04/16/2015 07:00:00

Activity 043000000038 043000000038P / Mode    1 cannot be scheduled

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Can you check the Min/Max Lot sizes maintained at lot size profile of TLANES, Product Location master , as you've left nothing filled in Master Data tab - default will be using Lot sizes from Product master for Pl orders and "use Lot size from TLANE" for STOs.

There are cases when the Min Lot size > Demand qty or Min Lot size > Resource/Capacity efficiency per day CTM will not create orders.

Also check running it with Infinite Planning, just to see the logs and how the system works with infinite planning.

You can also try changing time stream from daily to weekly.

Thanks

Vinoth

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why confuse him?  What would lot size have any affect.  CTM is creating the planned order but just late. 

So the only reason why CTM would create an order late is due to resource or material availability or some time horizons.

Please cut and paste the entire CTM explanation log for this demand.

You entered a forecast for 1 unit of this SKU?

Try infinite scheduling in CTM profile,

Change Procurement type to F to see what happens?

Check tlane validity and all other master data required.

Ken

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ken,

All the location-products have Lot-for-Lot set and no T-Lanes in this model.

Explanation for Infinite Scheduling ( Order is still late )

Explanation with procurement type F

No Explanation log since its External Procurement but an SNP: Preq was created on the date of Sales Order (04/20/2015) without any source of supply.

Regards

AK

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so if procurement type is F and the pur req is created on time; you now know the issue is with the PDS or the resource.   Is the resource being utilized by a different product for the same dates?

Your demand is for next week 4/20?

Try creating a PPM and see what happens.

It seems like your PDS is not correct or the resource is not correct.

Does your PDS have the correct bucket duration?

Ken

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is the only product planned on all the resources, there is a abundance of available capacity which i looked up from CTM log in Resource Utilization and that capacity is available from 03/16/2015 - 10/10/2015 with just a couple of holidays in this period.

Yes, demand is on 04/20/2015.

The PDS has correct bucket definition?  Bucket Resource Consumption (Variable) is maintained within all modes.

I haven't tried with the PPM, we have 42 operations in the PDS and I do not want to go through the PPM way either. I will try to delete the resource, PDS and try to Re-CIF to SCM.

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Can you check the SNP Production Horizon for CTM that you have maintained in SNP2 tab and also your PPDS Horizon.

As you may know that SNP/CTM will not created orders within Production Horizon.

Try using forward scheduling with CTM Parameter.

Thanks

Vinoth

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CTM will not create order late for no reason.  Either resource capacity or material constraints or some horizons.  The CTM explanation log will show you the reason.

Ken