cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS 7.3 - extension framework not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I m trying to build and run an extension framework on a different requirement on the lines of this. I have defined it on the task extension after successfully deploying it on the connected AS JAVA. But I'm not getting any result on the IdM UI. There is already another EAR deployed not by me, which is running good. I have created everything from scratch with new names and servlet not as IdMRegisterServlet. Should there be any problem due to that ?

Because when I looked into the application tc~idm~jmx~app I could find only IdMRegisterServlet and not the one I designed.. Though I have meticulously followed the steps while deploying. If this is the case how will I be able to register it in the tc~idm~jmx~app ?

Any advise would be a Lifesaver.

Thanks

Rimesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rimesh,

I have been able to work on extension framework on NW 7.3 and have it successfully working. Please message me so that I can try to help with a meeting. It is hard to debug without looking at the classes and the servlet.

Regards!

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

Thanks a lot.. I have followed you and let you follow me back so that I can send you direct message ..

Thank you again!

Regards

Rimesh

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rimesh,

Please check the developer trace logs (NWA) when starting the application?

Have you added the dependencies?

You can also consider to undeploy and re-deploy the ear file again, sometimes that helps.

Regards,

Ridouan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ridouan,

I'm not finding any developer trace logs in NWA when started the application. But I confirm that I have declared the extension class path in the task correctly.

By 'adding dependencies' are you referring to something to be done in NWA ? As far as configuration within NWDS is concerned I have followed closely the SAP Official PDF (extension framework).

Have also tried redeploying ear file again but still the issue persists.. There is already an EAR running successfully and when I check in module details of tc/idm/jmx/app I find IdMRegisterServlet and not the servlet IdMexternal_servlet which I designed ..

Regards

Rimesh

todor_boyadzhiev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Rimesh,

I will try to find a colleague from the development to answer that.

I see that no one wants to answer it.

Regards

Todor

0 Kudos

Hi Rimesh,

I guess the problem is not in the name of the servlet. You can use any name.

Please check:

1. If the application-j2ee-engine.xml of your new extension application contains a reference to

tc/idm/jmx/app application:

application-j2ee-engine xmlns:xsi=http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="application-j2ee-engine.xsd">

<reference reference-type="hard">

<reference-target provider-name="sap.com"

target-type="application">tc/idm/jmx/app

</reference-target>

</reference>

application-j2ee-engine>

2. Check if your servlet is part of the web.xml of the war project:

<servlet>

<description></description>

<display-name>IdMRegisterServlet</display-name>

<servlet-name>IdMRegisterServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>testcustomer.idm.impl.IdMRegisterServlet</servlet-class>

<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

</servlet>

If that does not help just write me.

Kind Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Todor.. I shall be very grateful ... : )

Regards

Rimesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Yes have verified as below -

1. EAR referred to tc/idm/jmx/app

2. servlet is also part of xml

When I check the logs I find the error

I feel tc/idm/jmx/app is failing to reference the servlet somewhere ..

Regards

Rimesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rimesh,

From the screenshot seems that when you are configuring the IDM UI task, you provided the name of the servlet class  for the extension class. You need to specify the name of the extension class, I mean the class that extends TaskProcessingAdapter in your UI tasks. I hope that will help.

Kind Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Sorry, I did that in a hurry .. I'm not recording any logs at all now... its not working at all like before, issue still remains ..

Regards

Rimesh