cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages going to the wrong Integration Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We saw a problem with few messages on the production XI server for a brief period of time. the following is the scenario.

1) An ORDERS05 IDoc comes out of the ECC, gets correlated and was sent out to conversion Agent for translation and was sent out to the vendor.

2) We get the response 997 from the vendor to the file port. This message has been picked up by the file adapter, got translated and was sent out to the XI Integration engine on the development box.

I could see this message on the RWB under the Adapter Engine component. This message did not reach the Integration engine on the Production box. A close look at the message details tells me that the message was sent to the Integration engine on the Development box. This happened to a few messages with in a minute time frame. All the messages before and after the minute time frame made just fine to the XI integration server.

We checked the SLD and found no reference of Production box pointing to the development XI IS.

I appreciate any pointers in this regard.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

this could happen if your XI DEV system has a file adapter containing the same source directory where your response from vendor is coming for production.....this file adapter will be active....so it is pickng your response and triggering it to XI DEV before XI prod can pick it up.........it is also possibel that your XI PRD system file adapter is currently deactive or has some error in it now.......So just check the file adapters of XI DEV and XI PRD for your this scenario......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

The file adapter settings look good. We have no problem there. As I told before, the message has been picked up the Production file adapter, but was sent to the Development IS. I cant come up with a reason what could have happened to make the message go to the wrong IS.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check in SXMB_ADM for integration entry correctly or not.

also check in exchange profile

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

Those are the 2 things we first checked. Everything looks right in the SXMB_ADM and the exchange profile. Please note that the same messages (997's) went through fine before and after the 1 min thats in questions.

Thanks.