Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Run-with respect to Batch Characteristics

shaik_adnan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement to Plan the Materials with respect to Batch Characteristic(s), I have made the below settings but still system is not creating the purchase requisitions with reference to characteristic.

1. Created Planning Table- tcode: MDP1

2. Maintained the char. values for the table- tcode: MDP4

3. Assign planning table to the material-MDPH

4. Entered demand with respect to characteristic value-MD61

5. Run MRP-MD02

Purchase requistion created is for the total quantity, it is not split with respect to characteristic value. Please could you let me know if this requirement can be met with Standard SAP? If Yes, how to achieve it? am I missing an step here.

Please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Waseem Shaik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Which planning strategy are you using? Please observe that characteristics planning is used to calculate the component quantity according to the usage probabilities. The following link explains this logic in more detail:

Characteristics Planning - Demand Management (PP-MP-DEM) - SAP Library

If the component quantity is not clear, I suggest you to read carefully question 2 of FAQ note 772859, which explains how can you reproduce the calculation of the usage probability.

Regards

Caetano

shaik_adnan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Thanks for your reply. I am using startegy 10 (I should only use 56 or 89?)

Business Requirement:

This material is a Raw material, there are no sales order created for this material, business needs to plan this material with reference to the characteristic values.

1. Need to upload the PIRs with reference to Characteristic, this was met by creating planning table, assigning to the material, and entering the PIR values in MD61 based on characteristic value.

2. Need to create Purchase requisition with reference to the characteristic values for make to stock.Please let me know how to achieve this requirement?

Ex: Material-X123-(Total Qty: 1000 Nos)

Split Qty: X123- 1000mm X 20mm(Length X Thickness)-500 Nos

1000mm X 22mm(Length X Thickness)-500 Nos

As now only one purchase requisition is being created for 1000 Nos.(Requirement is to have 2 PRs)

Thanks & Regards,

Waseem

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ahmedehab17
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

MRP does NOT use batch data.

Because, while entering PIR, there's no field to enter batch number. When system creates planned order, also there's no field to enter batch number, both for the header material and planned order components.

There's one exception in PP-PI, where you can use batch specific unit of measure. That is, you can define batch level alternative unit of measure. For example, you may have a liquid, and it may have Liters as base unit of measure, and it may also have the percent based active ingredient, that is Liters of the Active Ingredient can be an alternative unit of measure.

So, every movement of material in the system will be done using 2 unit of measures at the same time. e.g. goods receipt of 100 Lt liquid (which is also 80 Liters of Alcohol, because of 80% alcohol potency), for the first batch. also goods receipt of another 100 Lt liquid (which is 60 Liters of Alcohol this time, because of 60% alcohol potency) When you look at your stock, you will see 200 LT liquid, which is equivalent to 140 LT Alcohol ingredient.

What's the use of this active ingredient data during MRP?

When you define the batch unit of measure, you define limits for it. Say, our liquid in previous example can only be between 50% and 90%, therefore we define it like that. Every time we receive this material from vendor, we make the quality inspection and determine the Alcohol percentage. however, while running MRP, system will create purchase requisitions, but it doesn't know the percentage of the liquid our vendor will send.

How will it determine the correct quantity?

In this case, we define a percentage for MRP, and MRP will use that percentage for calculation. e.g. if there's an industry standard that all vendors of that liquid produce it at 75%, or if we are always working with a vendor who produces 68%, then we can enter this data (per material) and MRP will calculate with that percentage.