cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[beginner] Auth issue Java Client ESP 5.1 SP08

0 Kudos

Hi

I have installed ESP 5.1 SP08 evaluation licence.

I created simple "input stream" that takes data from java client send it to  "output stream" which uses HANA adapter to write to HANA DB.

after starting the project from ESP studio and when i start my java client to push data i get below exception,

Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Authentication failure:Invalid login credentials

at com.sybase.esp.sdk.impl.security.CredentialsUserPassword.interpretServerResponse(Unknown Source)

at com.sybase.esp.sdk.internal.ServerGateway.connect(Unknown Source)

at com.sybase.esp.sdk.impl.ServerImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at com.sybase.esp.sdk.impl.ServerImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at com.sybase.esp.sdk.SDK.getProject(Unknown Source)

at com.sybase.esp.sdk.SDK.getProject(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.iot.connector.component.esp.ESPConnector$3.call(ESPConnector.java:330)

... 5 more

During  installation, installer asked for following credentials

"cluster password"

"initial credentials for the cluster database (user/password)"

"scc password"

to avoid confusion i gave same string for all of them ex: "studio"

in my java client to i gave studio/studio for user/password. i got above excption.

what user/password should i use in java client or how do i configure user.

i started database "Sybase\ESP-5_1\cluster\config\esp1>start_db.bat"  and  node "Sybase\ESP-5_1\cluster\config\esp1>start_node.bat node1" before running java client.

i would also like to know what would be "cockpit" user/password for my ESP instance.

Thanks,

Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

There are some steps you need to take before you can start using the cluster or workspace.

By default users don't have access rights and you have to explicitly grant them first.

Then you can login using the authorization method that you had choosen or configured.

Furthermore always the full login name needs to be used; for example if you had choosen O/S authentication then you always need to use myuser@mydomain as username and not myuser.

There is a special user that is only allowed to connect and to grant authorities to other users and nothing else. In SP08 it is still called espsysuser.

So first thing to do is to grant the users permission to create workspaces, access streams and windows, etc. like in:

esp_cluster_admin --uri=esps://myhostname:19011 --username=espsysusr --password=<cluster password given while installing>
> grant perm all to user <fullusername>
> exit

The idea is to grant users first access rights and then start using those users.

I found this link:

espsysusr - Configuration and Administration Guide - SAP Library

Ben

0 Kudos

thanks you very much for quick response and the answer

Answers (0)