cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field FKSTA- Billing status of delivery-related billing documents not getting updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement wherein I need to fetch the FKSTA - Billing status of delivery-related billing documents into the datasource 2lis_11_VASTI. I have checked a lot of threads on this topic but have not found a concrete solution yet.

I have checked the settings in vov7 and vov8 and everything seems to be in place. I have also checked in table VBUP, when I filter based on field FKSTA = 'C', it shows me the outbound delivery document nos. But when I use the related sales document, it shows me blank values. VBUK as well doesn't show any values for field FKSTK.

I would like to know how and where I can identify the 'billing status of delivery- related' document.

I can see in VBUP table that if I enter the sales document no. related to the delivery document, it does not show the correct status.  I believe that the statuses should ideally get updated to the underlying VBUK and VBUP tables. Is there any way to update and align them?

Is there a workaround, a similar field that i can use for datasource enhancement that will give me the correct values?

Appreciate any help I can get on this as it is urgent.

Thanks,

AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are correct that stauts is updated in table VBUK and VBUP.

However, a sales order does not determine a billing status for delivery related billing, field

VBUP-FKSTA is only determined for delivey.

So, it is correct behavior that VBUP-FKSTA = BLANK when searching VBUP with
VBUP-VBELN = sales order number.

Just because of above reason, you will not find billing status field in VA03 -> goto header/item;

you could only find billing status field for delivery in VL03N -> status overview.

It seems that you are trying to find out sales orders that have been fully deliveried and fully billed, am I right? As far as I know, there is no directly table/field/tcode that could meet your requirement.

You could consider following workaround:

firstly, get a list of deliveries that have been fully billied(search VBUP with VBUP-FKSTA = C or search VBUK with VBUK-FKSTK = C);

Secondly, using these deliveries to search table VBFA to find out related sales orders.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Crystal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lin,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I want the sales orders which are partially as well as fully billed. I think I will have to do for enhancement of the data source with the logic you have suggested. The problem is I have to update the Status field - FKSTK from VBUK table for the corresponding sales orders I find in table VBFA , will have to understand the abap code to do so. I will post and update when done.

If you have experience with ABAP, could you please let me know.

Thanks again.

Regards,

AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer OSS 1478022 - How to analyze sales document status issue for any guidance for understanding/resolving sales order status issues.

Regards,

former_member215337
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear BW

I have checked in VBFA Table also but i didnt get any status there for the preceding document number. Hope .. Others may help you.

Srikanth