cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP server down

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we are sending idocs from SAP R/3 to remote FTP server which is on external network, what wil happen to messages when the FTP server is temporarily down, and once it is up, does the message need to be resend again?

What kind of error handling features additionally can we implement in this sceanario?

Thanks

Ricky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

First :Question : Answer

If the Idoc has entered the SAP XI,then that message will persist even after the FTP server has gone down.

Solution :

1) When FTP server comes up you can try to reprocess these messages/idocs in XI.This time it will process.

2) If still they does not reach then try to ping the server and TELNET the port where you want to post your FILE.If found down ,please tell them to open the port on the Remote FTP site.

Kindly reward the points ,if you find this reply has help you understand your problem or has solved.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

<i>what wil happen to messages when the FTP server is temporarily down, and once it is up, does the message need to be resend again?</i> - the IDOC will be sent automatically by tRFC to FTP server when the FTP server will be up if the FTP server system starts up within the retry intervals of IDOC sending by SAP R/3 system.........otherwise your IDOCs will be in error in tRFC which then you will have to manually resend........

To handle errors resulting because of incorrect order of posting of IDOCs, you could use qRFC to connect to FTP server.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more question, From the R/3 side, is there any standard practice of maintenance & error handling feature of idocs? I mean after go live, is there any best practice to support when error in idocs occurs....Manual intervention or automatic etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Error handling related to IDoc see the below links

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/10/27/idoc146s-not-reaching-xi133-not-posted-in-the-receiver-sap-systems133 - Idoc’s not reaching XI…. Not posted in the receiver SAP

idoc erros - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/content.htm

IDoc erros troubleshooting - /people/raja.thangamani/blog/2007/07/19/troubleshooting-of-ale-process

also..

idoc settings /people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

idoc mapping - /people/james.guanzon/blog/2006/03/23/how-to-support-industry-standards-in-xi-part-ii-of-iii--mapping

/people/james.guanzon/blog/2006/02/22/how-to-support-industry-standards-in-xi-part-i-of-iii--interfaces

Regards

Chilla