Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIM tools on HANA

shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

With SP9 we have the EIM bringing in SDI and SDQ with many BODS like features for ETL.

Can someone please shed some light on whether these are capable of replacing the logic we apply in our regular views (Attr, Analytical, and calc)?

Are these flowgraphs the next best practice for data modeling in HANA?

If not yet, what are there limitations in terms of development and transport,

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

With my knowledge, I believe we can apply most of the transformation using flowgraphs like filters, joins,Case, merge, validation and data validation transforms too.

However you are going to persist the result data when you execute the flowgraphs in HANA. It's not the case with actual modeling objects where it applies the transformations in run time.

Regards,

Venkat N.

shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Good point.

Doing a pure EIM based development approach will increase the data footprint on HANA i guess.

But it would also allow more graphical modeling and reduce the scripting effort.

Quite the delicate balance.Now how do we redefine the best practices with SP9?

Regular Calc view vs EIM cleansing..

Any thoughts?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are also exploring to use EIM in our project. If any one of you have some experiences on how to handle the error handling in this EIM integrated in HANA ETL set up.. Please share some details or thoughts ..

I mean to say after replication or at time of replication how the referential integrity violations are handled? etc.. what happens to the error or rejected records due to such violations..

Thanks

Ranjith