Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Multiple RFCs with CCMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to monitor 2 RFC destinations.

I have made 2 copies of the method CCMS_RFCDest_Availability_Col in RZ21 per the document "Monitoring Availability

of Services and Components". Each method is identical, except for the RFC destination in the method parameter RFC_DEST.

The MTEs for these 2 RFCs show up in the monitor (RZ20) after a reset to warmup.

Right when they come up, before they turn green, I can see that the correct methods, which I just created, are assigned to the appropriate MTE for the matching RFC destination. After the first MTE goes green, I see that the methods for both RFC destinations are now both the same. In other words, if I have RFC destinations X and Y and I created methods X and Y for those RFCs in RZ21, the nodes for the RFCs X and Y both have method X in them.

It appears that the MTEs for the RFCs are somehow inheriting thier methods from the MTE class. It seems SAP is automaticallu assigning one of my new methods to the RFC availability class. How do I prevent this from happening? How can I set up CCMS to monitor 2 different RFCs? It seems this should be quite a simple thing to do.

Thanks,

Chris Adamec

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

which parameters did you use for your data collection methods?

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Each method uses RFC_DEST, each of which is set to the RFC destination the method monitors. Also COLL_METHOD, each of which is set to the name of the method I created. Also MTE_CLASS, which is left blank. I tried removing MTE_CLASS and that didn't help either.

Thanks much,

Chris Adamec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

just played around on my test system...

> Also MTE_CLASS, which is left blank.

If MTE_CLASS is used but left blank the MTE will be created with an MTE class "Availability_RFC_Destinations_MA_Class" (I assume this is the case in your system).

If the MTE_CLASS parameter does not exist in the method definition, the data collector will use "<name of data collection method>_MA_Class" as MTE class.

> I tried removing MTE_CLASS

That's a good idea but at first you will have to delete the MTEs directly from rz20 using "Option 4" when the popup regarding how to delete the MTE comes up. This way the information about the MTE and the assigned MTE class is deleted from the monitoring shared memory. After you have deleted the MTEs you can reset the monitoring segment into warm-up status again (now using the data collection methods without MTE_CLASS parameter). This way the MTEs should be created using their individual MTE class.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

That did it! It works now and the RFC MTEs are no longer inheriting the same data collection methods from the generic MTE class "Availability_RFC_Destinations_MA_Class".

Thanks much!

Chris Adamec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

jFyi

in this context maybe SAP Note 1069130 is an quite good information!

There listed how u can monitor 10 RFC's with the SAP standard method.

kr Lars

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you only monitor up to 10 total RFC's or 10 per system pr note 1069130 in your experience?