cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 4.0 takes a long time to open

0 Kudos

We are finding that NWBC is taking a very long time to open (i.e. get to the login screen) - approx 1.5 to 2 minutes.  This is just too long for our stores. 

The PC is a new PC running Windows 7, 2Gb RAM and a 3Ghz processor.

Does anybody know of a way that I can speed up the opening process?

Regards

David Cuff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yuki_wang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello David,

I suggest to apply the latest patch for both NWBC and SAPGUI. Please try and retest.

Best regards,
Yuki

0 Kudos

We are using NWBC 4.0 PL16  and SAP GUI 730 PL 10

Is this not good enough?

Regards

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

The first time that you load NWBC, it is building your user menu and caching that. Afterwards it shouldn't take that long. However if you have many roles and many user menues in these roles, then NWBC concatenates all of these to your folder entries, so that might be why you are experiencing long waits. What you can do is filter out those roles that aren't valid for NWBC. See my blog here:

0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Thanx for the feedback and I will read your blog.

My issue though is before we even enter a username and password so it is before NWBC builds and caches the user menu.

We are only using NWBC for limited users and their roles have been specially designed with NWBC in mind. 

Regards

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You can change the external alias to use a different class to login, that helped me and it looks better 😉

Depends however what ehp you are on, but you can try. Otherwise try to change the theme

0 Kudos

Thanx - I will give this a try.