Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in DTR activation process: package com.sap.mw.jco does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @ all,

This is my scenario:

I have a <b>Enterprise Application Project</b>, within the <b>application-j2ee-engine.xml</b> I added the JCo reference like this:

<reference reference-type="hard">

<reference-target provider-name="sap.com" target-type="library">com.sap.mw.jco</reference-target>

</reference>

Then I also have a <b>Web Module Project</b> with a JSP and a JavaBean. The JavaBean needs to build up the JCo to the R3 system to provide data to the JSP. Therefor this project has the following reference:

- Web Module Project -> Properties -> Java Build Path -> Libraries -> sapjco.jar (for build time)

And for the runtime the JavaBean shoud use the EAP reference for the JCo library.

This is all running on my local PC - I have the Developers Workplace insalled (J2EE Server, Portal, Developer Studio). The build is ok, then I deploy to my local server and the JSP works fine.

<b>The checkin of the activity into the DTR works fine, but the activation fails with the following error:</b>

compile:

[echo] Starting Java compiler

[echo] Settings:

[echo] debug: on

[echo] optimize: off

[echo] deprecation: off

[echo] verbose: default

[echo] encoding: UTF8

[echo] source: default

[echo] target: default

[echo] source path: /usr/sap/DP2/JC02/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/b/.B/1162/DCs/zurich.com/gpms/chgpwd/_comp/source

[echo] class path:

[echo] /usr/sap/DP2/JC02/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/b/.B/1162/DCs/sap.com/servlet/_comp/gen/default/public/default/lib/java

[echo] /usr/sap/DP2/JC02/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/b/.B/1162/DCs/sap.com/jdbc20/_comp/gen/default/public/default/lib/java

[echo] /usr/sap/DP2/JC02/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/b/.B/1162/DCs/sap.com/ejb20/_comp/gen/default/public/default/lib/java

[echo] /usr/sap/DP2/JC02/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/b/.B/1162/DCs/sap.com/jms/_comp/gen/default/public/default/lib/java

[echo] /usr/sap/DP2/JC02/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/b/.B/1162/DCs/zurich.com/gpms/chgpwdb/_comp/gen/default/public/client/lib/java

[echo] output dir: /usr/sap/DP2/JC02/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/b/.B/1162/t/BB6D9CAA8B9A0F02A060B1EC39D676E9/classes

[javac] Compiling 2 source files to /usr/sap/DP2/JC02/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/b/.B/1162/t/BB6D9CAA8B9A0F02A060B1EC39D676E9/classes

/usr/sap/DP2/JC02/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/b/.B/1162/DCs/zurich.com/gpms/chgpwd/_comp/source/com/zurich/gpms/java/BeanChangePWD.java:11: package com.sap.mw.jco does not exist

import com.sap.mw.jco.IFunctionTemplate;

Thx in advance,

Edgar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If somebody might have the same error, here is the solution I found out:

The JCo needs also to be added to the "Used DCs" defenition of the Web Module Project!

How to:

Web Module Project -> DC MetaData -> DC Definition -> Used DCs -> right klick, add used DCs -> Active tab -> drill down sap.com_SAP-JEE_1 -> com.sap.mw.jco (Dependency Type: Build Time)

Cheers,

Edgar