cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI/PI Backup restore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Environment: HP -UX Oracle 11g

I performed a system restore on PI dual stack system using backup restore method

I created the control file from source system DB and application are up and running

ABAP stack is up and running and I am not able to bring the JAVA Stack up

I am attaching the log files which I think contain the error description

-----------------------------

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.NameNotFoundException: A configuration with the path "cluster_config/system/instances/current_instance/bin" and cid "unknown" do

es not exist.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ConfigurationDataCacheAllImpl.getSubConfiguration(ConfigurationDataCacheAllImpl.java:99)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ReadAccessConfiguration.getSubConfiguration(ReadAccessConfiguration.java:905)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ReadAccessDerivedConfiguration.getSubConfiguration(ReadAccessDerivedConfiguration.java:146)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ReadAccessConfiguration.getSubConfiguration(ReadAccessConfiguration.java:874)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.getConfiguration(Synchronizer.java:477)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationInfoImpl.<init>(SynchronizationInfoImpl.java:112)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:249)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:161)

[Bootstrap]> Problem occurred while performing synchronization. For more details see the logs above.

I have looked at the SAP Note: 1924336:Java node 'Instance_bootstrap' terminated with exit code 508

even though it describes my error but the solution provided cannot be done as the nodes that appear in the configtool are the production nodes and I do not know how to change the production nodes to the single quality node

Help is appreciated-

APS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>ABAP stack is up and running and I am not able to bring the JAVA Stack up

How did you restore the JAVA instance??

regards,

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Java instances store lots of configurations on the file system. So, it's better to export and import the java part using sapinst/swpm.

We usually export-import the java part once ABAP restore is completed.

regards,

pavan

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The exit code 508 inidicates an issue during access version information in file system/database, possible inconsistent content.

Could you please explain exact the steps executed and why is the solution of mentioned SAP Note 1924336 not possible in more details?

You can also check the Bootstrap Stops Due to Database Problems for more information.

Regards,
Bíborka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Biborka,

As per the note I have added another node using configuration editor for offlinecfgeditor but that did not solve the issue.

We had originally done the backup restore for the dual stack PI system where a copy of the prod was made on a pi quality box

ABAP stack is up and running but the java stack is giving this error and not coming up

As per the note the ID that should be coming under the cluster_config -> system -> instances is not the QA id but the PROD id which should not be the case

Regards,

Ashish

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You should do an export and import using the sapinst for the Java stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Reagan,

Infra team did only the Backup Restore of the Prod system and no Export Import of Prod using the sapinst.

Should I do the export import as it sounds by your and Pavan's reply that it might be required

We are doing Restore for Dual stack first time done the backup restore for ABAP stack a couple of times for ECC Quality refresh.

Should this be the option that I should select in sapinst for JAVA Export and JAVA Import:

------------------

JAVA Export

------------------

-----------------

JAVA Import

-----------------

Regards,

APS

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You need to first do an export of the source system (PRD Java stack) using sapinst and move the export dump to the target system. Start the sapinst and import the dump.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Reagan,

Yes the screen shots got jumbled up I mean to put the export first and then import screen shot

Out of curiousity what to do in case the Prod goes down and we do a back up restore

where do we get the export of the java stack then

Regards,
APS