cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When user click on Submit in the salesquote then this submit action needs to be captured in the BeforeSave script file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Explanation:

In the sales quote there is a Submit in the Action Menu, so when a user click on the submit button then sales quote approval process triggers and

sales quote saved with Approval status as "In Approval" .

Requirement: Each time user click on the submit of sales quote then we have to record this action and update our BO for further calculation.

Issue: All BO elements in the ActionValidation-Submit script file are accessible but they are read only so can not be modified.

So when you click on the Submit then immediately after submit action event beforesave gets trigger, so we build logic here but issue is that we           are not  able to segerate this save even, I mean which SAVE is coming from the EXPLICIT save button on the UI or which save being triggered           from Submit Action.

Resolution tried: We found only one script for the submit action ActionValidation-Submit script file so we implemented this script but here all BO                          elements are read only, we can not modify those elements.

Even we are not able to return any variable on the validation submit script. so only we can return true/false that says validation is                          success or not.

My Question : How to capture the information in the event before save when user click on the submit on the sales quote.

So other than valiation script file is there any other appraoch by which I can acheive this. even in the global variable "this"  I also dont                          find any varaible that is setting as true/false that refers to action triggers on the sales quote.

Thanks

Asaad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Asaad,

You can identify the save event which is triggered for Submit action by checking the Life Cycle Status Code of the Sales Quote BO. As after Submission of SalesQuote the status changes to In Approval, that could be checked as as condition to run your code which is specific to Submit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Meghna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Meghana.. Appreciate your input.

We are doing this but the issue we are encountering is after the submit if other user changes sales quote and click on the SAVE button then we dont want this save from SAVE button on UI, so always whenever user click on the submit from action menu in the sale quote then we need to capture user information at the submit click.

Thanks

Asaad