cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Storage Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have question about following situation.

I storage goods in more than one storage bin. My storage strategy find storage bin automaticly. If the first storage bin full, strategy find second storage bin. I want that, system block the first storage bin automaticly till the first storage bin will be empty. System doesnt allow add new goods that quant.

how can i do that?

Thank your support.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With next empty bin strategy you should not need to block the bin on stock placement, the system will look to next empty bin if its occupied.

Otherwise look to configuration of storage type. By selecting either the block storage bin or block quant options for put away.

Block upon stock plcmt box

LE-WM-MD-define storage type

double click on the relevant storage type definition to view the available options.

Also there is an option to trigger inventory count on stock placement that would effectively block the bin until the inventory count document is cleared.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

I implement this customizing which you said. It dosen't work. Am i need batch management?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you please rephrase/ elaborate your expectation in detail form your thread

"I want that, system block the first storage bin automaticly till the first storage bin will be empty. System doesnt allow add new goods that quant."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I explain what i need with example;

I have 2 storage bin for my material. All this bin's capacity is 5 pcs. Now first good issue with PO about 5 pcs. this material putaway first bin. then other good issue 3 pcs. This material putaway 2nd bin. Then i remove material 3 pcs in 1st bin. As a result, i have 2 pcs material 1st bin and 3 pcs material seceond bin. My capacity is 3 pcs 1st bin and 2pcs 2nd bin.

Now, if there is good issue same material, system doesn't allow putaway this materials to 1st bin. System block this 1st bin automaticlly. This block is automatically deleted after the last storage unit has been removed from stock (picked from the row).

By the way, am i need batch management to implement this strategy for this material?

Thanks for advice..

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is something wrong in your description

goods issue = picking

goods receipt = putaway

Please rephrase it

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe instead of Goods issue it should be goods receipt.

What I understood is you have two bin Bin 1 & Bin2 under same storage type (e.g. ST1) with a capacity limit of 5 PC. Upon first stock placement  of 5 PC system suggest Bin1, Now with another receipt of 3 PC, system propose the putaway into Bin2, Now you created a Removal TO for 2 pc from BIN1 so you have leftover quantity 3 pc only still 2 pcs can be accommodated as per the capacity. Now you receive one more consignment for the same material+batch and your expectation is that system should propose 2 pc into Bin1 and 2 pcs into Bin2 based on the leftover capacity

If my above understanding is correct then you need to select putaway strategy "Addition to existing stock" for the storage type(ST1) this will ensure that when you are receiving the stock of the same material+batch (based on mixing indicator) it will propose putaway in the same bin if capacity exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thank for your warning. I mean good receipt where i write goods issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Now you receive one more consignment for the same material+batch and your expectation is that system should propose 2 pc into Bin1 and 2 pcs into Bin2 based on the leftover capacity" . I don't want this strategy.

I want that ,when I receive one more consignment, system doesn't allow storage these material 1st bin. This bin should be blocked by system automatically. This block is automatically deleted after the last storage unit has been removed from stock. This bin will be unblock when it will be empty again. I don't want to add new stock if this bin doesn't empty.

Thnks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the next empty bin strategy will exactly do that, it does not physically block that bin, but the bin is not considered for putaway until it is empty again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually this strategy doesn't provide my need. with this strategy, system always find empty bin.

About my example, system doesn't allow to storage new material 1st bin. Because i removed a few material. But new material can be storage 2nd bin. Because i havent remove any material yet.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me try it with an absurd example just to see if I got your requirement.

You have a huge glass (bin1) , and now everyone can add some beer to this glass until the glass is full.  (if full then the next empty glass (bin2) is to be filled)

But in the moment you take a sip from this beer you don't want that someone fills it up until it is drunk up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Your example explain my problem. Can you find any solution?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This cannot be done in standard, you need to implement this logic in the user exit of your putaway strategy: Develop User Exits for Warehouse Management - Warehouse Management - SAP Library