cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a new Development Unit testing client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have been live on SAP since 1997 with a typical 3 system landscape DEV-TST-PRD. In our DEV system, we only use a single client to do all configuration and development (client 010).  Over the years, the data in this  DEV client has become rather useless, so our SAP team normally does all testing in the TST system after releasing their transports.

Our new SAP director has recommended that we should create a new unit testing client in DEV (say client 100), and then we would use SCC1 to test our changes in this new unit test client before moving them to TST.  So my question is what is the best method to build this new development unit test client which would have good data for testing?  I guess one method might be to do a remote client copy from PRD to the new DEV unit test but I am uncertain on what issues I might run into using this method.  I would appreciate any recommendations on how I might build this new unit test client.

Best regards,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Russ

You have to perform the SAP Client copy because on exiting development client should not interrupted. there are three methods, Kindly follow the SCN thread

I recommended to use the Client copy Export / Import method. on source and target you have to keep eye on enough disk space.

BR

SS