cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time stamp in SLT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to have an additional field(It should contain the TimeStamp) for a table in HANA - SAP is the source system for this table

I created an additional field in SLT (LTRS)  with NVARCHAR 20

and i assigned a rule saying concatenate SY-DATUM SY-UZEIT INTO NEW FIELD SEPARTED BY SPACE.

It creates new field in HANA but its data type is NVARCHAR and the issue with that is ,i have to do a type cast every time i used this field in a view

I tried doing Data Type Mapping from NVARCHAR To Time Stamp  but in this every NVARCHAR Field in that table will be mapped to Time Stamp..

I tried doing field level mapping but unfortunately i don't see the newly added field ...

The problem is that SAP or SLT doesn't have TIMESTAMP Data Type.. i have looked a fm and its using Decimal Data Type but does that cast to Time Stamp in SAP HANA

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

While doing Datatype Mapping, you might have used IUUC_REPL_TYPMAP. That, unfortunately, is a global setting. Read this How SLT is Mapping Datatypes to know more about other specific configuration tables like - IUUC_REPL_TABSTG and IUUC_REPL_TYPRED.

I am having some access issues with my SLT system here otherwise I would have detailed this a bit more.

Do write back with the status.

Cheers!

Shirish

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Former Member;

A simple thought from my side,

A couple of days ago, I had to import a DU from SMP. It basically contained some calculation views but the views were failing during the import due to data type issue.

I tried changing the table field data type using the 'ALTER Command' as follows:

alter table "<Schema Name>"."<Table Name>" alter("<Field Name>" DATE)

Once the data type was changed to date, I was able to re-import the DU's successfully.

Can't you try changing your new fields data type in the HANA side?.

Not sure whether it will have other implications in your environment

BR

Prabhith

Jensen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Hari, unfortunately you posted your question to the SAP LT page. Pls. Chose the right SCN for your request => the SLT page: http://scn.sap.com/community/replication-Server

Thanks & best regards,

Heike