cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerDesigner 16.5 Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have questions regarding PowerDesigner Reporting.

1) Is there anyway I can generate a 'Dashboard' like reporting out of the box using my desktop client installation?  For example, generating a pie chart for overall cost of applications.

2) When generating a 'List' report, how can I also extract the list of associated object?  For example, in each 'Applications' I have 'Sites'.  I want to be able to extract that 'Sites' information associated to my applications.  Is there a way to do that?

3) Is there a way for me to mass export the artifacts object with all its associated information (metadata) under a Model to a CSV / Excel so that I can do my own reporting and analysis (if question 1 is not possible out of the box).

4) Even better, is there a way for me to connect my reporting tool to the PowerDesigner database, and extract data directly?

Thanks in advance!

JR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, this email is a few months old, so you may or may not know the answers

1) Take a look at the topic "Chart Report Items" in PD help

2) If you've used Application Links to connect Applications and Sites, create a List report containing Application Links - you can include metadata about the related objects

3) Create a List report of Artefacts, then click on the Excel button to export

4) It's a database; like any database, you'd need to understand the schema and the underlying metamodel. There are companies I know who are planning to extract metadata to a graph database, and there's a tool called Semanta that can extract metadata, so it can be done.