cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regenerate Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ECC we are using a program which consumes a web service developed by a third party.

The 3rd party changed some of the XSDs so the application started to fail. I imported the new XSD file in Message Mapping in SAP PI and also in External Definitions.

After this, I'm trying to regenerate in sproxy, but I'm getting a situation which I don't know how to deal with.

Below you can see a sequence of images where you can see how things look in sproxy before and after I click on regenerate button.

As you can see, some of the texts were changed, sequence turned into choice, and ABAP Type Ref. changed from TTYP Table Type to to TABL structure and so on.

What whould I do here? I just want to make the whole system asjust to the new XSD.

I am really new to PI.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Can you post your xsds here? We'd like to take a look

Regards,

Mark

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos

It looks like the definition has changed significantly

- field names changed (i.e. from sequence to choice)

- occurrence changed (from 0..unbounded to 1..1) - causing the change from table type to structure

You will need to adjust the interface development accordingly by either:

1) Change the interface design as Inaki mentioned above (create in ESR your own definition for sender interface and perform mapping to external definition)

2) Adjust the ABAP program that calls this outbound proxy based on the newly generated structures.

Either way your calling ABAP program needs to be updated.

Rgds

Eng Swee

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Have you got the same name at the same level repeated?, if you have the same name repeated, this can be the situation that proxy generation has detected and it has generated the choice tag.

Is your PI scenario a passthrough scenario?, i mean do you have a mapping?, if you have a mapping you can create an own outbound XSD without the tag repeated and later to do the map.

Regards.