cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP C4C <> SAP BW Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you point me to some technical / integration related documentation on how to achieve and integration betwee SAP Cloud for Customer and SAP Business Warehouse? I need to extract master data (customers, products) from C4C into BW based on change events in C4C.

Thanks
Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

Unfortunately, ODP does not consider Deltas (i.e. extraction on change event.) Any extraction contains the entire set of data based on the selected data sources.

I was asking the question of modifying the process to find a way to create Delta extracts but as of now such thing doesn't yet exist.

Cheers

marcus_echter
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

most datasources have "last change date/time" as exposed attributes. By setting these on consumer side accordingly you can simulate a delta extraction process. The process itself however will always be triggered remotely (pull scenario).

Kind regards,

Marcus

0 Kudos

There is also a analytics guide on SMP - https://service.sap.com/cloud4customer - this guide discusses some technical settings.

- do you have anything to add?

pushkar_ranjan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The analytics guide has the information you are looking for as pointed to by Please leverage the same to integrate your C4C instance with a BW instance.

The initial part of Section 13.3 of the analytics guide outlining the instructions (as of the Feb 2015 version of the C4C public cloud service) is as follows:

13.3 Integrating Analytics with an SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse System

Overview

The following documentation describes how to replicate data from the solution to an existing SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (BW) system. These processes support a series of process steps across two different systems based on preconfigured communication scenarios between the solution and SAP NetWeaver BW. The data replication is done using operational data provisioning (ODP).

When configuring the integration of your solution with SAP NetWeaver BW, there are dependencies between the activities in the different systems. Perform the procedures in the sequence outlined below.

Hope you are able to leverage the same and solve your problem.

Thank you.

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pushkar,

in current documents on service.sap.com/cloud4customer I can't find an "analytics guide" - so where can I find the informations about connecting a BW system now?

Regards,

Julia

marcus_echter
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

you can find the analytics guide under SAP Cloud for Customer – SAP Help Portal Page.

Regards, Marcus

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Marcus!

surjeetbhati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Kindly go through the below threads for BW- C4C Integration

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55610

Thanks,

Surjeet Bhati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surjeet,

thanks for the swift response. I have already seen this one and slide 36 describes exactly what I am trying to achieve... however, the deck doesn't contain any information on how to do it...

Thanks

Sebastian