cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveCache system copy backup and restore fail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert:

We decide to upgrade current SCM system to latest version. Current version SCM 7.0 and livecache on it. We use SAP Software Provisioning to do system copy. The target system already done and livecache version  installed as source system. But we do livecache restore suffer some problem.

I upload my each step screenshot .If you know how to fix it please kindly response for me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Jeff,

Please follow the below SAP Notes.

457425 - Homogeneous liveCache copy using backup/restore

1b) Enter the name of the target liveCache database instance as the database name.

877203 - Post steps after the Homogenous liveCache copy using backup/

1073954 - Effects of changing the standard liveCache user

25591 - Password change for DBM and DBA users

Regards

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hello Jeff,

It looks like either the name of database system administrator or its password is not consistent

in the UPC container of the DBM server on both systems. Simply said the DBA of the target database is different from the one on the source database hence the error ERR_DBAWRONG.

You must have a correct DBA user in the UPC container inorder to be able to load the system tables correctly.

If you are a SAP Customer, please check below sap note for solution to this problem.

SAP Note - 2081702 - Problems after recovery with initialization

If the problem still not solved with the note, please provide additional information below to be able to assist further.

Output of DBM command "user_getall" from both source and target.
Output of SQL statement - 'select * from users' from both source and target.

Regards, Yashwanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yashwanth:

Thanks for your reply. I scare wrong step when I use SAP Software Provisiong  Software step. I write down information about current and target environment.

Current system :Host Name:SRVAPODV01 , SID:ADV ,liveCache Host:SRVAPODV01, liveCache ID:LDV,liveCache user:SAPLDV ,OS:Windows 2008

Target system :Host Name:SRVAPOPW01 , SID:APW ,liveCache Host:SRVAPOPW01, liveCache ID:LCW,liveCache user:LCWADM ,OS:Windows 2008

Below this is SAP Software Provisiong step at liveCache install. And step wron please kindly tell me.

~~Jeff

0 Kudos

Hello Jeff,

This step of liveCache install looks fine. Please provide the output of below commands from both source and target.

1) DBM command "user_getall"
2) SQL statement - 'select * from users'

Regards, Yashwanth