cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to customize partner function field (Sales employee Field) disable for further changing after billing.

sreeharshabl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

Can anybody guide me to customize existing partner function field to disable or not to allow end user to change employee codes if sale order is already billed.

Sree Harsha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

based on your question, I suspect your problem lies somewhere else, not in possibility to disable partner function field, especially with condition you mentioned - after billing.

I presume you are speaking about SAP CRM?

You should know that in SAP BRIM solution, billing as business process is performed in SAP CI - part of ECC.

That process in SAP CI is separated into two subprocess - stages:

- creation of billing documents

- creation of invoicing documents

So, as you can see you should probably refine your question or go back to analysis of business issue.

Hope it helps.

Mario

sreeharshabl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mario

My problem is that end users are changing sales employee codes in sale order after completing billing activity. This is affecting my "Z"reports. So I need to embed those partner function fields in sales orders as soon as Follow on documents are completed.

Sree Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel your pain often...

But, if some field is meant to be changeable it's not good to override that functionality.

I would suggest you to introduce historical approach in your Z report so - you use sales employee code that was valid for given period.

And if for some reason there is no history of that field you should create additional z function module that will store changes of sales employee codes trough history...

Chrs,

Mario

stefan_kiene
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

just to verify: you are not talking about CRM Sales and Order Management?
Because there you should not be able to change data of the order once you released the (Provider) Order. Exactly for the reason you are describing.
The only option you have at a later stage is to do some contract changes through change processes. This guarantees that you:

• Don't change data that has already been invoiced
  • Changes and the complete history is tracked

Best regards

Stefan

sreeharshabl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mario / Stefan

I did it! Able to find standard settings itself, no need to enhances "Z" programs,

Now I am pain to end users . And also learnt from my mother that .............."We need to search for the lost things, where we have lost it!"

I tried customizing for Mandating that field and it was working but allowing to modify the sales employee codes even after completing billing documents, but there was an another field where I was totally ignored that shinkenred column as N.... which is meant for Not Modifiable. (Please see screenshot below). I enabled it and I am happy now! no one can change as soon as Sales Order / OBD saved.

Path for customising is IMG Settings -> Sales & Distribution ->Basic Function ->Partner Determination->Set Up Partner Determination

Then choose activity as "Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header" then select Partner Determination Procedures. (In My case "ZA") and double click on Partner Functions in Procedure and enable your Partner Functions as "Not Modifiable / Mandat.Function"

Sree Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good luck with that.

As Stefan mentioned, standard is not modifiable - that means someone for some reason set it to modifiable.

Maybe there is valid business reason for that and you overridden it?!?

Btw, when asking questions in BRIM space - it's (almost) mandatory to point at system you mentioned, since masterdata is shared between SAP CRM, SAP CC and SAP CI.

All systems allow some kind of changes in masterdata so...

Cheers,

Mario

Answers (0)