cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

every timeuser is in the application SAP sourcing logs he must request a new password.

former_member227405
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can some one please suggest me urgently for the the below issue

One user is  in SAP sourcing and every day when he try to loginto the portal he is not able to login then he goes for forget password and after getting the new password he is able to login to SAP sourcing .Again next day hehas to follow th same setp to login to the SAP sourcing portal.

Thanks

Peeyush Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peeyush,

We experienced the same problem some time ago and the cause was that the user was using a saved favourite that was generated prior to an upgrade. We deleted and recreated the favourite link and that resolved our issue. Probably not the same as your issue but it may be worth checking.

Regards

Mike

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

since this is not a problem seen by all users, it is possible this particular user is either not providing the proper credentials or it is also possible the user is not using the correct URL and hitting the correct login page.  Which user store is being used? Is it the UME?

former_member227405
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Boutin,

I am not able to understand your question.

Which user store is being used? Is it the UME?

But user is facing the issue on daily basis.

Thanks

Peeyush ranjan

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

The question is in regards to the directory configuration.  This defines where the user credentials are stored. We support the Netweaver UME, several LDAP's as options.  The specific user having the problem could be looked at that level.  Where this is not a widespread issue, it is unlikely a problem with the Sourcing setup.

former_member227405
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Boutin

I just have one option for that which may or may not be correct.

I wnt to to perticular user

Setup>System Administrator>Internal user account>to the perticular user and then Account management.

There i found the button SYnh Acccount with directly.I have attched screen shot below.

So my question Is Can I reassgin using the above button.

Or is there is any impact for the same.

Thanks

Peeyush ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Re-Assign Directory button will allow you to create a NEW user and assign an existing users details to that new user.  I don't think this will help the user to resolve his issue.  You may want to ask the user if they created a Favorite (using the "favorites' option) and if so, to ask how it was created.  This could be causing them to get to a log in page that is not valid.  A good way to tell if they are NOT on the correct log in page is if the "forgot your password" link is missing. 

former_member227405
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Fong,

As he trying to login to the page he is not able to login by the password he got by using the link "forgot your password" yesterday. So every day he need to get the new password through he same link.

Can you please help me now.

Thanks

Peeyush ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peeyush,

You should create a Support ticket and we can dive deeper into this issue. 

former_member227405
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need to create the support ticket by this network community.

Can you please tell me the step.

Thanks

Peeyush ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tickets are created through the Service Marketplace, once there, go to SAP Support Portal then to "Create an Incident".  The Service Marketplace can be reached by going to http://service.sap.com

Regards,

Nicole