cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temp File Name Schema in Receiver File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where i have to write the file in the temperaory location before writing it to the FTP loacation, I have selected the Processing Parameter as "Use Temperory File" but when the file gets created it is padded with the Message Id, is thr any option to get the file name as the temp file name without the Message Id or timestamp.

Please let me know if any one has come across such scenario.

thankx,

shree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shree,

that mapping these using? you can try with the option “Adapter Specific Message Attributes” for Sender Adapter and Receiver Adapter you can capture the new one “File Name” within mapping adding the Tag “DynamicConfiguration”, you can also do it with XSLT.

See :

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/20/accessing-system-parameters-in-mapping-runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is an already existing interface with message Mapping and this is an Idoc to a File interface so the Adapter Specific Message Attribut will not work as we don't have sender com channel.

I m looking for some option to eliminate the message Id when using the Processing mode and Use temperory file name.

thankx,

shree

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>this is an Idoc to a File interface so the Adapter Specific Message Attribut will not work as we don't have sender com channel.</i>

It will work. Adapter Specific Message Attributes can be used to set the FileName even if you do not have the Sender File adapter.

Just do not test your message mapping in the IR . It will work in the runtime.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shree,

Can you tell us what you are trying? I am kind of confused.

Are you trying to use the "Use Temporary File" in Write Mode of the Sender File adapter and are you facing an issue with this? ( I just tried this option and I found no issue at all ) . My file was created as expected .

Also, can you check if the file construction mode in your receiver file adapter has the option "Add Message ID" ? If yes, just change it to Create.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can use create option , also this type filename format can be done through UDF see the above thread, see the last UDF code -- in that remove dateformat --and use it in your scenario, try..

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

My issue is im creating the file in AS400 system and they have the limitation of 10 Char length for the file name, so if i select the Mode Use temperory file the file adapter errors out as the file name too long.

Is their any option to customize the temperory file name with 10 char length .. i was working on some thing with UDF but the whole interface is with IDOC to a file and Dyanamic configuration has only the IDOC control recods.

let me know if you have any idea

thankx,

shre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under Write Mode, specify whether the target file is to be written directly in the specified directory. If an additional step is to be added using a temporary file, choose Use Temporary File.

You can specify a naming scheme for the temporary file under Temporary File Name Scheme.

This schema is used to determine the prefix and extension of the temporary file; to ensure a unique file name, a time stamp is also added to the name during processing.

The schema xitemp.tmp, for example, results in the file name xitemp<timestamp>.tmp

So you have to customise the file name in schema.

see below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chilla,

This is what has given in the Help document, but it doesn't behave the same instead it has a siffix of Message Id added to the Temp file name schema, My question is how ot eliminate the Msg Id in the Temp file name .

thankx,

Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to see the below links may be useful

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/23/sender-xi-ftp-adapter-with-regular-path-expression-150-abap

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use the adapter specific message attributes...Check that option in sender CC and also in receiver CC and then specify the Temporary file name schema in receiver CC as "FileName"... It gives you the actual sending file name.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Ravi