0 Kudos

i m in my ABAP stack of XI..

what is the difference in creating port in idx1 and we21

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IDX1 port is only needed to import the IDOC Metadata from the relevant R/3 systems(Since XI system normally would not have IDOC Meta data).

WE21 port is the one which is normally used for ALE communication.when SAP interfaces with other SAP/Non-SAP system it should need a partner profile and port(something like a gateway)for communication.

Thanks in advance.

RGds,Vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks vasanth...tell me one thing...in a scenario...i need to send an IDOC from XI to R/3, now the problem is......where should i create the port...we21?....and what else is necessary ... apart from port and rfc destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

in an example i have seen that, when an IDOC is sent from R/3 to XI, the idoc header conatins sender and receiver port and partner no...what does that signifies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the above links , there clearly explained when to use IDX1 and WE21 for IDoc to File scenarios.

IDX1 is used to create the port, for loading the metadata we need to configure IDX2 this is sure.

see the below link sure all your doubts will be resolved.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/content.htm

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

when idoc is sent from r/3 to xi, then idoc header contains sender port as SAP R/3 port and reciever port as XI port.......these ports are maintaned in WE21 transaction of R/3..........so when idoc comes to xi, then in XI in IDX1 transaction you create the port for R/3 and in IDX2 transaction, your idoc metadata comes after you run your this scenario successfully.......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your IDX1 port helps to import IDOC meda data which in turn would be used by XI to convert XI-XML to IDOC XML.This port name has to be specified in your receiver communication channel(IDOC).

WE21 port has to be created normally in the sender R/3 system which is going to serve as a gateway for the R/3 system to send the IDOC/FIle.

Here in your case you do not need WE21 port.you have to use only IDX1 port.

since the IDOC adapter would place the created IDOC directly into the receiver system ALE layer.

Thanks in advance.

RGds,Vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

follow the below steps for IDOC to FIle

Configuration to be done on R/3 server

RFC destination(SM59):Pointing towards the XI server

Port(WE21):Use the RFC destination created above

Logical system(BD54):Logical system name for the XI server,it's advised to be of the form sid"CLNT"client(if ur sid is XD1,and client is 110,the it should be XD1CLNT110)

Partner Profile(WE20):use the same name as that of the Logical system name created above i.e. XD1CLNT110.

Configuration to be done on XI server.

Nothin need to be done here,jst make sure ur IDX2 (IDOC metadata) is correct.

SLD

Two business system's have to be created.

first Business system will use the Logical system name of the R/3 server and will be used as a sender service.configured of type Webaas ABAP

second business syatem will use the Logical system name u created in BD54 and will be used as a receiver service.Configured of type Third party.

Note:Most of the time RFC destination and ports are already created in both R/3 server and XI server,so u can use the existing ones rather than creatin ur own.

thanx

ahmad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

idx1 is a transaction code to create a port in R/3 instance of XI.

Check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3b/beb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

we21 is a transaction code to create a port in external R/3 system.

Check

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/dc/6b7fa443d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Hope I am clear,

Regards

Kiran..

Former Member
0 Kudos

whats the difference............

in which case do i need to use IDX1 and when we21.....

actually i have to start making scenarios ...where i ll be receiving some IDOC for R/3 to my XI... and scenarios where i need to send IDOC for my BPMs to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see the below links

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

/people/suraj.sr/blog/2005/12/29/generate-test-case-for-an-idoc-scenario

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Regards

Chilla