cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA ONE instance on AWS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP HANA Experts,

we are using SAP HANA ONE on AWS successfully for over a year now. Since the new version 0.91 is available on AWS for a couple of weeks now, I am about to configure an instance and am running in a small problem. After creation of the instance and when logging on to tehe SAP HANA One Console the database is asking for AWSKey-Credentials and the hdbadmin and SYSTEM passwords. Then it enters into a configuration process, which whenever it seems to be finished, will be followed by the first screen where then again it asks for the credentials again.

I am wondering, if anybody has observed the same behaviour and may have some hints on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Ralf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your support, Dhruman and Mandar. It's up and running now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhruman,

can we schedule a webmeeting on your Tuesday morning, let's say on 9am PST, which is 6pm.

Thanks

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ralf,

Dhruman is in HANA One team. So, he is well qualified to work with you and will solve your problem.

We have NOT seen Production problems like yours. After stop instance and then start, the instance configures OK.

In your case, it does not. Someone needs to look into it.

-HANA One Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ralph,

I was able to reproduce this problem.

I stopped and started the EC2 Instance and completed the installation without any problems.

thanks,

Dhruman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dhruman,

can you confirm: you ran into the problem, and after starting/stopping the instance, the configuration successfully completed and now its working?

Which instance type were you using? I've tried with cc2.8xlarge and c3.8xlarge.

Regards

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

I was working with c3.8xl instance. Yes, After EC2 stop and start I was able to complete Configuration.

I would be more than happy to look at your instance.

I work with HANA One team.

Please let me know if you would like to pursue this by following / exchanging emails via private messages.

thanks,

Dhruman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ralf,

It is unusual. But we can look at it. Do you have the same instance?

Usually, it will finish the Process and then you should be able to see the full console.

I will send you offline message and find out more. To do that please "follow" me in the SCN.

HANA One Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandar,

yes, I am trying to get that same instance up and running. Thanks for looking into it in advance. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

BTW: yesterday I set up instances for SPS7, SPS8 and SPS9 just to doublecheck. Only the latter fails in the initialization phase.

Cheers

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

I sent you a direct message. In some cases, SPS9 servers may experience issues due to out of memory.

In such cases, we need to restart the instance and try the configure again.

-HANA One team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

I am using a cc2.8xlarge instance on AWS and the latest version 0.91-1 Rev. The memory usage peaks at 12 of 60GB and there is not elastic IP assigned during initialization.

Regards

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, as said, we may have to look at the HANA logs.

I have sent you a direct message with a request. Please check and let us know.

Meanwhile, I trying the same thing on my account.