cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Request type, what is the difference between action 'Change user' and 'Assign object'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have used only 'Assign Object' for my 'Change User' request type. But the standard request type has 'Change user'. So, could you suggest , what additional purpose does Change Object serve

Regards

Plaban

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Assign Object refers to addition/removal of roles, whereas Change user is used for Changing Attributes of user, such as Validity date. But, could you suggest, if  Change user, also performs Add/Remove roles. I do not think so. But the standard Change User request type has action 'Change User' .

Regards

Plaban

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Plaban

not sure if you answered your own question here?

Change User - by itself would allow update of address data, user parameters, defaults, etc

Assign Object - as you mentioned roles and profiles.

However, if assigning, I think you need to have both actions: change and assign

I recall (ages ago) that change was only the user details and not the role or profiles. As a result, there were a few threads where people had to update the action for the request type of provisioning would not occur.

This is something you could test

Regards

Colleen

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

Create User and Change User are associated with SYSTEM Line Item actions like Creating/Changing a user and assigning the validity.

Assign Object is associated with the ROLE LineItems in the request which is used for ASSIGN,REMOVE,RETAIN action on roles.

In the ADD button you will see ROLE and SYSTEM depending on these actions. If your request type has only ASSIGN OBJECT and no CREATE/CHANGE user then you will see only ROLE option in ADD button and viceversa.

Regards,

Madhu.

Answers (0)