cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSM 10.1 Entry and Approval Activex Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are getting following error when we try to open historical data. First application asks if you want to run activex. After we accept to load activex, application gives the following error. Also on the back ground at task manager an excel process is starts but excel never starts normaly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Serdar,

Make sure that in  IE "security configuration tab" all ActiveX controls and complements are "ENABLED".

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jazmin,

I have checked all security setings one by one. Also I have added SSM url to the trusted adress list. Select minimum security level. but still getting same error.

Our SSM version is 10.1  SP 0. My internet exlorer is 9.0 and Office version is 2010 32bit version. I do not think these configuration is wrong.

0 Kudos

Hi Serdar,

There is alternative way to enter Historical and Future data since 10.1 SP3, a browser-based data entry option for this data. There is a Java System Property called DisableExcelDownloadEA which has a default value of NO. If you set this to YES then the browser-based data entry page will open instead of the Excel sheet. You may want to try this new feature to avoid issues with downloading the file.

Regards,

Alicia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alicia,

On SSM 10.1 there is no option for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The option mentioned by Alicia is available from SSM 10.0 sp10 and from SSM 10.1 sp3.

Is it possible that the version installed is older than SSM 10.1 sp3?

For example, this is how the option looks like in a SSM 10.1 sp7 system:

Kind regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our instalation is 10.1 SP 0. I will ask Basis team for installing SP.

Do we have a chance to use Excel input? I prefer to user excel for data input. Also for customer, data entry from excel is more useful.