Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE_ADMIN is locking Periodically

former_member217141
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear solman gurus,

J2EE_ADMIN is locking periodically. I have a J2EE_ADMIN password and it is correct. I can logon both Java side and ABAP side of Solman.

When i checked SM59 i couldnt find anything for it.

I have check report SU01 "Change Document For User" below; i am periodically Unlocking it.

What could be wrong ?

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kemal,

Such locking issues are usually very complicated cause the J2EE server may interact with many

external/ABAP server etc(using JCo destinations, JCo RFC destinations, system connection, /nSM59 connections), and if the password is set wrongly in one place and calls are made, then after a particular number of tries, the user will get locked. Please go through SAP Note 1493272 throughly and the attachment LocationGuide.zip that contains the "How to create a new trace location in NW 7.10 and above.doc" document which shows how you NEED to create the "com.sap.security.userlocking". This won't be existing on your system; you need to create it.

After this check all the possibilities mentioned in the note.

regards,
Hemanth Kumar
SAP AGS

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kemal,

On ABAP side, you can switch on Audit Logs for J2EE_ADMIN users SM19/SM20N to check if there are any connection requests at the ABAP stack that are causing the password to be locked.

On the JAVA side, you can check server0/defaulttrace trace to figure out what is causing the locks. Rather than disabling passwords etc, you are better of finding out which system/rfc/jco rfc etc is causing the password to be locked.

Regards,

Siddhesh

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kemal,

Configtool or Visual Administrator - SLD Data Supplier -> change password for J2EE_ADMIN

1. Visual Admin -> Cluster -> Server -> Services -> SLD Data Supplier -> Runtime menu
  2. Enter SLD details in HTTP Connection area : host, port and User/Pwd
  3. Save
  4. Trigger Data transfer
  5. If necessary restart SLD Data supplier and check in SLD

Regards,

V Srinivasan

former_member217141
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am in Config Tool, where is the SLD Data Supplier, related to the screen shot ?

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kemal,

expand services and find SLD Data Supplier

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You should check if there are RFC's or JCo RFC's configured with J2EE_ADMIN user.

Check if there are some RFC's from external systems configured with this user (Eg: Solution Manager). For JCo RFC's you can check the Visual Administrator.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you changed password recently?

If change password, change in SLD supplier in Configtool.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

former_member217141
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is customer system and someone else installed and changed the j2ee_admin password i think. Could you please guide me how to change password in SLD supplier in Configtool.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kemal,

Change SLD datasupplier in J2EE systems

Change SLD datasupplier in ABAP systems

Changing of SLDAPICUST

You can update J2EE_ADMIn password above configuration and also check any other place they used J2EE_ADMIN user.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kermal,

Check with below SAP Note:

SAP Note 1493272 - A user gets locked automatically

Regards,

V Srinivasan

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kemal,

Open "Visual Administrator" and go to "Cluster>Server>Services-->Security Provider"

Choose "Runtime" tab and then "User Management". Search for the user "J2EE_Admin" and double click on the user name to get the user management property sheet. Check if the "No password change required" check box is checked or not..If this checkbox is not checked then the password will expire repeatedly.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

former_member217141
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is already checked mate ;