cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPR Config in Solman 7.1 SP 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have been requested as a Basis person to set up the Business process repository in our solution manager 7.1 system. Do we have any guides which I can follow to set this up. Any useful links will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Surajit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael. I will do that. Any other documentation links which may provide for setting up the project will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Surajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit,

The following URL may be useful. There you'll find the whole content delivered in the BPR by the latest ST-ICO patch.

https://implementationcontent.sap.com/bpr

Do you need any further information? Any specific part of the process?

best regards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishav and Michael,

Thanks for your answers and clarifications. Can you possible guide me to any configuration document for setting up BPR from the Basis prospective. Any pre requisites that I need to execute before starting to use BPR.

Thanks

Surajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit,

there are no mandatory setup steps necessary. You may check which version of software component ST-ICO is installed and check, if a newer version is available.

Best regards,
Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishav. Do you know if BPR has been replaced by BPB. I was trying to find some config guide to set up BPR but have been unable to.

Thanks

Surajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit,

BPR is part of every Solution Manager as software component ST-ICO. This software component may be patched separately. All content is read only and can be copied into projects or solutions.

BPB is an additional tool that can be used to do process modeling based on content in a Solution Manager project.

Best regards,

Michael

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BPR exists already there is no set-up for BPR itself. You need to enable the repository that you want to choose.

Also I think you are talking here about blueprinting, BPR is completely different thing.

In BPB, you need to define the scenarios and business processes etc. I had already shared the link with you for same.

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. My apologies as I did not clarify my requirement completely. We are in the blue printing phase of our new implementation project. At this point it has been decided that we use Solution Manager BPR to validate the solutions with SAP Best Practises.

hence the requirement has come up to set up BPR. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Surajit

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the existing BPR provided by SAP and you can amend it based on your requirement.

Further more you can create your own business processes and perform the business blueprinting.

Please find below guides and links for same. You need S-User id to get in there.

Check Business process configuration here

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~iron/fm/011000358700000209842011E/002007974700002476172015WRK2?TMP=1428...

Further to utilize your business blueprints check here.

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~iron/fm/011000358700000209592011E/012002523100003183112015WRK2?TMP=1428...

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

Thanks for the link. I had already checked this link and it talks in general about the BPR. Also I believe it may apply for an older version as the tcode mentioned in the link has been replaced by BPR_OVERVIEW.

Thanks

Surajit

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know for what purpose you want to configure the BPR, it came as standard from SAP. If you want to use the same and integrate with ARIS or something than its different context.

Please clarify a  bit.

Regards

Rishav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos